Your Weather

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary that is Oct Nov weather here can not wait for summer to end.
I only have summer jackets or winter jackets. Decided to wear the summer one and I was cold! I really need to get a medium thick one. Our October weather is nice. Actually it's always nice during the day but you always need to be prepared when you go to SF in the evenings. It was cold and foggy yesterday.

Mary

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
see living here in Mossyrock we have the perfect weather more or less :rolleyes:
we are in between mount Rainier and mount St. Helen's both dormant volcano's
we are sitting about 85 today but we do not deal with humidity much at all in
western washington the way our place sits we almost always have a nice breeze blowing
to sit out

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was cold and foggy yesterday.
I drove through some fog, Thursday.

The fog was dropping down off the mountains ... much smaller than the volcanoes of the Cascades ;). The Selkirks are the western range of the Rockies. It was 57ºf that morning (normal) but much cooler higher, of course. It was odd, unexpected in August and lasted only a few hundred yards. I was glad the headlights were already on.

It was 85º that afternoon but has warmed into the 90's. Looks like the afternoons will continue to be that warm through most of next week ...

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
We should be in for several days of cooler -- still in the 80s -- and less humid weather. It will be much appreciated, especially if the rains hold off for a bit as well.

Usually at this time of year the lawns have a brown, crackly look and feel. This year the grass is growing at leaps and bounds easily rivaling spring mowing schedules.

I need another pair of rubber shoes. The lawns don't dry off until well past noon and I'm getting one pair after another of my shoes wet through to the socks.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wet can be comfortable ;).

I'm just back in from hanging a load of laundry on the line ... how many of us can do that at 4:30pm and expect it to be dry, long before sundown? Carrying the wet shirts over my shoulders at 93° was a decidedly comfortable thing to do :).

BTW, the only other neighbors who hang out laundry have a nice garden in their backyard! I can see it one yard over from a nearby intersection ;).

Steve, washerman

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hung some clothes today, as well. Because the sky was rather ominous early on and the too-tall grass was wet, I hung them in the basement instead of outside. They dried before the sun came out.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
A decidedly less humid front passed through, blowing the new tree over in the butterfly garden (not planted yet) leaving the skies blue and sunny. Not gonna move the shirts.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
let see made donuts at 3 ish for morning then washed the our two
pastry clothes and rolling pin cover in the laundry room sink
hung them out side about 4 ish

Latest posts