Coffee

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
How awesome! You are going to love the pool!
Yup! I just love how it's only 4' deep and I'm 5' seeing how I have a major issue with water being above my upper half. Am I going to go into the pool without FH or someone being here probably not but will have to see when it gets put up and is filled. Am I proud to be afraid of water above my neck/ upper body NOPE I am NOT but maybe now I'll surprise myself and self teach myself

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yup! I just love how it's only 4' deep and I'm 5' seeing how I have a major issue with water being above my upper half. Am I going to go into the pool without FH or someone being here probably not but will have to see when it gets put up and is filled. Am I proud to be afraid of water above my neck/ upper body NOPE I am NOT but maybe now I'll surprise myself and self teach myself

nothing wrong with wearing a life-jacket or taking swimming lessons. :)

the first thing they should teach you in swimming lessons is how to do basic floats so that no matter what you can survive by doing those even if you don't have a life jacket or other floatation device.

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready, on my second cup. Dogs were howling at 3:30 AM. When they howl, it’s usually because coyotes are howling. I guess the dogs sing along. It must be a certain type of howl, most of the time the dogs bark a warning.
Taking Buford and Sheba to the vet today for rabies shots. This ought to be interesting.

pjn

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Coffee is ready, on my second cup. Dogs were howling at 3:30 AM. When they howl, it’s usually because coyotes are howling. I guess the dogs sing along. It must be a certain type of howl, most of the time the dogs bark a warning.
Taking Buford and Sheba to the vet today for rabies shots. This ought to be interesting.
Waiting to hear that story. Hope all goes well for all your fur babies

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We had to use the stock trailer to get Bruno and Potamus to the vet. They were pitiful!

IMG_1142.jpeg

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning everyone!!!
All done with my morning coffee so onto water for now.
Spent yesterday with FH, shopping. Yeah, I know that's nothing unusual about the weekend but a lot of times the day gets spoiled because of phones ringing or friends/co-workers texting asking about job numbers, times and location seeing how none (EXCEPT FOR MY FH) have enough sense to write the info on their log sheet during the week.
We got a new outside addition yesterday, a LOT cheaper than what we saw it on the website (MAJOR discount!!!!!!) so now later on this week have to move the fire pit and dog kennel (FH and friends going to do that) seeing how we have no other spot for it that's flat enough. I have been telling others I got a $300 pool and FH got a $65 leaf blower but the truth is both of us is going to be using both items sometimes separate other times together.
We used to have an 18 foot, I think it was, but one of those blue ones and when DS and DD were younger we set it up each year. I would get in it too and so much fun, but COLD here in Idaho unless in the 90s. The neighbors have one not as big and last weekend the little girl and some friends spending the weekend played for HOURS. Screaming and laughing and I don't think I ever heard kids have so much fun as these kids. What a great buy you got!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
We quit putting the pool up because of the grandchildren. DD has the little wading pools, but she did not get one this year because of the baby and they have been using the sprinkler. DD is terrified of water over her head and does not know how to swim. A couple of times i tried to get lessons for her and DS when younger and things just did not work out. The big pool we had, I taught them how to float and swim across on their back and underwater, but they have never been in water over their heads and DS refuses to go get lessons.

DD had the oldest daughter last year get lessons for a week, but she was only 4 and really did not learn anything. DD is going for a 1 hour lesson Friday. Several women in the group and I am not sure what they can do in an hour, but DD is so afraid something would happen to one of the kids and she could not save them. I told her never to get in a boat with them or anywhere around water without vests on. Being afraid of water is smart.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am drinking coffee and relaxing. Nothing much going on today. I have to freeze some pole beans and go pick some more. Listening to the sounds of my crazy bird. LOL I think it loves my yard and is singing because so happy and plans on not leaving. I sure hope it knows what to do when winter comes.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
... I told her never to get in a boat with them or anywhere around water without vests on. Being afraid of water is smart.

being respectful of water is always wise. it has a lot of energy when moving or at rest. we're a good percentage of water ourselves. Mom always has to tell anyone of how afraid of water i was as a kid, but i think most of it was that i did not like cold water. when left to my own devices i'd be making waterfalls and dams and draining puddles just to see the water flow and the patterns it made in the sand as it moved.

in an hour they should be able to learn how to float and a few other basics. yes, always have a vest on.

Latest posts