Dews laid up a bit

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A little up date.. I got a lawyer yesterday. He seems to think I have a case. Therapy...... is going okay...... but I'm not sure I like this "needling" thing they want to do on me. I tried it the other day and wanted to cry..... it hurt pretty bad. I'm wondering if physical therapy alone is the answer..... maybe see a chiropractor too??? I'm off work for an undetermined amount of time.

AND I finally got my car back. I'm so glad!!! I don't know how much longer I could have driven that sardine can.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chiropractic saved me when I had 4 bulging disks around 10 years ago. I used physical therapy, acupuncture, and swimming. It took a year for recovery but my back is always tenuous .

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dew... over a year ago I hurt my shoulder, so my doctor had me enroll into physical therapy. They had me do some whimpy excersises that was accomplishing nothing for 3 weeks. A week later my wife and I whent to a U pick blueberry farm where I picked 30 pounds ( my wife picked 20 bls). My shoulder got pretty sore, but after a good hot shower that night and a good night's sleep, my shoulder was good as new the next morning. No need for more therapy. Then about a month ago, I had a rotator cuff injury while remodeling our kitchen. Again, my doctor sent me to physical therapy. They had me do some arm motions and a couple of hands on manipulations. Said that doctor's diagnosis is confirmed. Gave me light excersises ... bend slightly over and slowly rotate my arm for about 2 minutes and they will call me "soon" to make an appointment to come in for more therapy as they are too busy now with other clients. Well, it's been about a month now and no call. Seems that my shoulder is doing quite well as I have been working slowly on the kitchen remodel from cieling, moving walls, rewireing, new air glass / stainless steel 42" wide exhaust system, new floor heating ducts ( ducts in crawlspace ) , new cabinets, new 40" commercial gas range with convection ovens, new tile floor, repaint, new finish woodwork trim. So, it seems that " use it or loose it " works quite well. :idunno

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@bobm I have not been able to use my left arm very well since the accident :hitit hurts pretty bad when I try to use , especially over my head. I'm going to ask my primary Dr about seeing the chiropractor. It just seems like the physical therapy alone is not helping. And there is NO WAY he is jabbing those needles in my neck or back again! :hide

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Or electricity on a hurt part. I had to have PT after my first knee op (tripped over our McNab BC) and it was a useless out of pocket experience. The kicker was when they applied electricity on my knee and it burned and hurt for 3 days. I had to put ice packs on it due to the 21st degree burns. Complained to the owner, who didn't reply. Never again.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
So, Dew, is it acupuncture that is being done? The needling? That shouldn't hurt...hardly at all. The person needs to be certified in acupuncture, and to have had real training, not just read a book on it.
I am not sure what @murphysranch is referring to, specifically, talking about applying electricity, but I have had acupuncture in which the needles are attached to electrodes, and it sends a tiny bit of electricity with the needle, but, still, no pain. Just a little tingle.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@murphysranch could they have used a TENS unit for the knee. I had it on a foot problem. LOVED it. Would like to get my own unit for back and hip pain. Here is what it is and how it works.

What is a TENS unit?

A TENS unit is a device that generates electrical impulses sent through electrodes placed on the skin over nerve centers. TENS is an acronym for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation. The various pulses generated by TENS can block pain signals normally sent to the brain through nerve fibers, thereby interrupting the brain's awareness of pain. FDA approved TENS units are safe, non-invasive, drug free, and non-addictive.

How does a TENS unit help to relieve pain?
TENS works in two different ways. First, research shows that continuous mild electrical activity blocks the pain signal traveling to the brain. This is known as the "Gate Theory"; if the pain signal does not get through to the brain the pain is not "felt". Secondly, studies show that the low frequency or short burst of electrical impulses produced by TENS stimulates the body to release its own natural pain relieving substance called endorphins. Studies have shown that the use of TENS can reduce pain significantly. Most people feel no side effects from TENS and can reduce their need for pain narcotics and drugs.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@so lucky I'm not sure what he was trying to do..... but the needles actually hurt when he put them in my skin. I yelled and made him take one out of my neck. I showed MontyJ the spot where the needle was. There is a blood scab where he pushed the needle in I didn't think those needles would hurt that badly. I have to talk to my Dr before seeing a chiropractor. I'm going to tell him I don't think the physical therapy alone is helping much.
This therapist looked very disappointed when I told him I was not doing the "needling" on my second visit. He's going to be even more disappointed when I tell him he isnt touching me with those ever again.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@so lucky I'm not sure what he was trying to do..... but the needles actually hurt when he put them in my skin. I yelled and made him take one out of my neck. I showed MontyJ the spot where the needle was. There is a blood scab where he pushed the needle in I didn't think those needles would hurt that badly. I have to talk to my Dr before seeing a chiropractor. I'm going to tell him I don't think the physical therapy alone is helping much.
This therapist looked very disappointed when I told him I was not doing the "needling" on my second visit. He's going to be even more disappointed when I tell him he isnt touching me with those ever again.
Dew, there are many other options. If he is any good he will help find you relief WITHOUT the needles.