Heat On 1st Time

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
My heat doesn't come in till my feet get so cold that a pair of thick wool socks won't warm them up.
sSp_snowflake.gif

Last year, we had the AC on at Christmas..
I'm hoping to make it into November before having to turn it on at night. Dreaming that I might make it into Jan before running it day & night....

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I am cold it is usually just my feet. I have those slippers that you put in the microwave to warm up your feet. Then I need less heat. We are still without need for heat.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wear heavy wool socks, year around.

Morning low officially 39ºf with an afternoon high of 57º. It sprinkled this afternoon but not enuf to really wet the asphalt pavement. At least, it wasn't windy.

The garden plants are on their way out. They just have not had sufficient growing warmth for too long a time.

We weren't home for several hours but didn't turn down the heat (a little too warm at 70º but pleasant for showers). The furnace likely ran, now and then, all day.

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
What I find interesting about temps is in summer, our thermostat set at 76-78, very comfortable. At 70-72, feels like a refrigerator, yet in winter 68-72 is fine and 78 would be like oven.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
What I find interesting about temps is in summer, our thermostat set at 76-78, very comfortable. At 70-72, feels like a refrigerator, yet in winter 68-72 is fine and 78 would be like oven.
I have always been puzzled about that, too. It's not that I wear noticeably heavier clothes in the winter. :hu

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was 63 in the house yesterday. I actually opened a window and a door to let some of the 72 degree outside air in. Didn't work as well as I'd hoped, but it did go up one degree.

THEY are forecasting the F word for the coming weekend. I'm considering getting an electric mattress pad or blanket. I can handle getting out of the shower and changing clothes so much better than crawling into a bed that refuses to warm up until we are nearing morning-rise time.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy. Could have stopped for me, that it is hard to get out of bed in AM. & I love to drink coffee and watch sun rise. I'm strange that way.

Latest posts