Mobile Home Goddess

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
For heavens sake, @Ridgerunner, you don't have to go to all that trouble to keep elephants out of your yard. I have a handy spray can of elephant repellent I will sell you. Guaranteed results.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Every spring equinox I go to the southeast corner of the garden, bounce up and down on my right leg three times, and shout Yip, Yip, Yip, Cowee, Cowee three times. Then I skip (not walk) to the northeast corner and repeat this ritual. Then I skip to the northwest, southwest, and back to the starting point closing the gap, repeating the ritual each time. Why? It keeps wild elephants out of the garden. It’s worked ever since I started doing it.

But you say there are no wild elephants in North America. See how effective it is. It not only works for me but it works for everyone on the continent. But there have not been any wild elephants in North America for a long, long time. It’s retroactive. Now that’s a powerful spell.

Haven’t figured one out for moose yet though. Not sure Thistle would really want to totally get rid of them.

Just my opinion @Ridgerunner, but I think the actual power in that ritual of yours lies in the skipping part. Elephants just find skipping men very scary. As well they should.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks Ridge! I just can't tell you how relieved I've been at the complete absence of elephants in the garden! Now I know we have you to thank for it.
You have every gardeners appreciation as well as people out on the roads. :D
@thistlebloom , i found her:

B3FzfI7CUAApneN.png
tap

Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know which part of the ritual works but I'll continue it since it so obviously works. :bow

I stole this from a joke I'd heard many years ago. It's purpose was to show what kind of thought process some people base their reasoning on. I think about it a lot when I'm on the Chicken forum. :he

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, it may work on elephants but its certainly not stronger than Kilz. If Kilz don't get it, I don't have a prayer.

Gone to visit the outlaws for Thanks Giving. Be back next weekend.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have actually had some failure with Kilz. Can't remember what -a stain bleed through I think. I use BIN. It is more expensive but is a great product. You need to pair your primer with what ever you are covering. I would definitely use a different primer when painting the rest of the house. Maybe buy a pint and try it before doing all that work.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I am back at the doublewide, putting on the second coat. I had to cut in in all the rooms, at the ceiling, corners and bottom of the walls. I use a 1 1/2" brush. I climb the ladder, paint about four feet worth of narrow strip at the top of the wall, get down off the ladder, drag the ladder forward, climb the ladder, paint about four feet of narrow strip at the top of the wall, climb down off the ladder, drag the ladder forward, rinse, repeat. And repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat.......... I now have aching muscle groups that i didn't even know I had. For cutting in around the bottom of the walls, I plopped my butt down on a piece of laminate flooring that we ripped out of the house, and did the butt-scootin'-boogie around each room.

I put the first coat of paint in the hall bathroom this morning. It immediately went to crap also. At least it is consistent. I did get the second coat of paint and the second round of cutting in the trim, in the master closet (2 of them) master bathroom and bedroom. I only lack painting the trim and the master bedroom will be done. I got the second coat on the living room walls, got the trim cut in and called it a day. I just could not climb that ladder one more time.

I'll be back at it tomorrow. My goal was to finish painting the house this week........don't think I'm gonna make it. If the first coat of paint had acted right, I would be DONE by now. But noooooooooo......... instead I am going back to the torturous ladder tomorrow for yet more muscle aching, knee breaking torment.

Friday after Thanksgiving, DH and I brought up a flatbed trailer load of lumber for future barn, our son in law came over and helped us unload it. We picked up the flooring we ordered, I ordered 587 6' long boards, they shipped 610 and didn't charge for the extra! We got them unloaded and they are in a big stack in the living room. If I EVER get through with the PAINTING we will start on the floors! Then I'll have to polyurethane the floor, that ought be more fun! At least I won't have to climb a stupid ladder........

I am tired of painting. I just want it DONE. It looks like I will be back next week, still painting.