Mobile Home Goddess

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Second coat is doing ok, just have to roll the crap out of it. The white speckled areas just don't like paint! I was going to go home tomorrow, but looks like I will stay through through Saturday in an effort to get more painted. I am going to paint the crown molding in the master bedroom tomorrow, just so I can have one room completed!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
It will be great when you are done! So the hall went to crap also? Maybe get a paint expert in to tell you what to do. What if all that painting goes to crap quickly? There may be some weird paint on the walls that need a special primer. Also .Is that the same can of primer? Maybe there is something wrong with the primer. Take it to the old house and try it on an inconspicuous spot t make sure it is OK.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@catjac1975 the manager at Sherwin Williams came out to the house to take a look at it himself. The results were inconclusive. That means "I don't know why." Every wall has alligatored. We used Kilz, did everything right, just my luck that it has to be so screwy. I am so ready to be finished painting..... will have to come back next week to finish up. I just don't see me getting finished tomorrow and Saturday.

The friendly Sherwin Williams manager gave me another 5 gallon bucket of paint, free. I am so impressed by the customer service. It is not their paint, because we tried another brand and it was worse. It is the WALLS!! :he

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, be sure to write and comment on the customer service with the company. They always hear about problems, but people with happy solutions seldom let the company know.

And it's usually good for something special from the company as well.

goatgurl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i sure hope that my walls don't take after yours and give me snow flakes when i start painting tomorrow. I'm glad that at least the 2nd coat is looking better. take care of your self ladybug.