People that just can't take a hint!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Right, Bay, all the other members make fun of you and seedcorn so ya'll don't have to.
Hey, I do not make fun of anyone. It's just those dang southerners are always taunting us with pix of their tomatoes

And that dang NyBoy with pix of his CL finds.....

I'm innocent!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
A large part of why I got rid of FB (aside from the all consuming waste of my time) was the way that even people whom you know personally feel compelled to run their mouths while hiding behind a screen. As if they are totally oblivious to the fact that you will someday run into them at Walmart or a family reunion? Not sure why this phenomenon occurs and some people totally lose their filters, but certainly it can be much more vile among internet strangers.

Nothing more grating than trying to get help or feedback from a forum only to be accosted by a perfectionist know-it-all. I don't think we really have that problem on here. People are going to learn and grow better at their own pace, hands-on or with experimentation. You can't expect them to do it all your way or by the book just starting out. I hate it when people are so critical like that. Not helpful at all!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to be on BYC a lot, but when they changed the format, it didn't seem so user friendly, and I gradually drifted away. Still check back occasionally.
so lucky, that's why I left also. It just seems such a busy format and is intimidating for someone like me that isn't that computer savvy. But I also thought that people there were clickish and not as nice as those here.

Mary

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband found BYC and was hooked on it for a long time. I only popped in every now and then and posted the bare minimum. Hubby suggested I might like "TEG" since I just started gardening. Yes indeed, I did!

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I just want someone to talk to... :th
TEG so far has been wonderful, maybe I'm still too new so your all still giving me the "nice" treatment. :lol:
In all seriousness, there's always at least one bad Apple. :mad:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The weave of the handbasket taking people and the world to Heck is loose. The handle is weak from all the centuries of use. The handbasket has been dropped now and then, I suspect.

Idle hands, ya know ... people turn to entertainment. There is a good deal of difficulty finding direction. A randomness balanced by a sort of hormonal fever of ... what might we call it? Stupidity?

But, there is a balance to people, skewed off on the gravelly shoulders of their life direction, as they may be. Here's a quote by someone who didn't seem to allow "first world" wealth and privilege to lead her off onto a pleasant and idle byway.

Beware of monotony; it's the mother of all the deadly sins. ~ Edith Wharton

We cannot all be Mahatma Gandhi or Jonas Salk. And, we make mistakes.

Steve

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I only know of one person who was asked by admin (or told) to scram. There have been a few who just quit posting, I guess after they got bored with us not taking the bait.
On a different forum, a few years ago there was a terrible disagreement, and several of the most interesting, intelligent, and intense members all quit at one time. I hated that it happened. I don't think the forum ever recovered, at least in my opinion. :(
We just need to continue to be careful not to insult each other when there are differences of opinion.
We come here for fun, friendship and information, not to get our feelings hurt. Ever.

I think I know which one you mean. I joined that forum just when it all started....I got really sick and didn't even log on for a month. when I got back....everyone was gone!!! :hit

Latest posts