People that just can't take a hint!

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been a member of BYC since 2010. Once the new format came up, tons of people dropped out and haven't looked back.
It was a pain to use and get used to, the type of people there changed as well. I never go there now, it's not active enough of a forum.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just received an "ovation" for a 2011 BYC post, this morning :). It has been over 18 months since I've posted anything on BYC that wasn't TEG related ...

Of course I had fun on the coop forum but stayed mostly in feeds. The ovation answer was on quinoa, I had a link but know little about this plant. (@Pulsegleaner should know that this has been a terrible year for pea testing, what with record heat.)

Anyway, subject matter is an interest as it relates to my activities but essentially no longer having a backyard flock, BYC doesn't hold my interest as much.

DW says I should go back to keeping pigeons. I'd imagine that a forum for pigeons could have some very intense and strange members.

Steve

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Actually in the time since I last complained, my peas are actually doing pretty well; weighing in for animal damage (about 150 odd seeds went in, 9-10 lived long enough to become actual plants). Pretty much all of them are in heavy flower, and I'm probably only a couple of weeks away from harvesting my first adult seed (of course the moment the weather goes to what it would normally be at this time of year, my first seed will probably end up being my last seed as well)

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve was on a pigeon forum for awhile. It was never to be discussed that pigeons could end up on the dinner table. Any talk of eating squab would get you banned for life.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I usually do not get into this type of conversation . . . however, I must say a thing or two about how people act.

I'm beginning to think that our world is slipping into darkness a bit more every year. People seem to be "cocked and ready to fire" all the time these days. Politeness, etiquette, love and caring about fellow mankind appears to be loosing ground here on this crazy planet. Anger and hatred seems to lie just under the surface of our society and is quickly called upon in any case of disagreement - no matter how slight.

It would be so easy to point fingers and say this group or that group is the cause or the perpetrators of the bad feelings all over the world but I sometimes think that everyone is somehow involved. Either by acting out our frustrations or by turning a deaf ear.

So sad.
@Smiles Jr. your Daddy raised you well. ;) He was always a favorite on TEG. :love

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband found BYC and was hooked on it for a long time. I only popped in every now and then and posted the bare minimum. Hubby suggested I might like "TEG" since I just started gardening. Yes indeed, I did!
glad you did. :)

Latest posts