Range Wars. . first blood

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would want to take out your neighbors-not moral or wise as there are laws against that.

I'd visit with farmer, explain situation and ruling. Let him bale the 4' for now. Get it surveyed ASAP, build fence.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm a bit lost right now. I know, so what's knew? Who is organizing the survey? Who is organizing the fence? This is not over until the fence is in place. That needs to happen.

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Until the neighbors' attorney gets the Judge's orders written up for signing nothing can be done with the survey or fencing. Those orders will also state who bears the costs for the survey and the fencing (as well as some court costs).

I have a surveyor ready to go. I also will be contacting someone today who I hope will take down the trees along the line so the fence can go up. I don't want DH to even try grubbing out that number of trees. What I don't know right now is whether we will be allowed to do part of the fencing ourselves, the neighbors will be required to do it, or if -- because of the animosity -- the Court will order that an impartial company do the work.

I E-mailed my attorney after the threat was made asking him to do anything he can to get this finished.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I always hate depending on other people. I'd much rather just do it myself and get it done. I can certainly feel your frustration.
Right O! I have always been a 'do it myself' kind of person as well. It is frustrating to have to wait for others to do their jobs before anything can be done here, but once we have a go we'll git 'er done asap.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Especially lawyers who get paid by the hour. No reason to hurry. If anyone works on your project for one 1 minute, you get charged full hour.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Crazy people cannot be dealt with very well because they see the world according to their being the center of the universe. Do not verbally engage. There are more important things then being right. the safety of you son and family being of course the most important. Are you clearing because you need it cleared or because you can? All of my neighbors go crazy when we cut down trees. But it does not stop them from cutting down their trees. Why is it bad for the environment when it is my trees being cut but, not theirs? Neighbors. Stay safe Red.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I vote for a disinterested third party to put up fence. They should be warned about crazy neighbor so THEY can call police when neighbors act out.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just talked with my attorney. He said since the North part is already defined by deed, we can get a surveyor out there for that part at least. My next call is to them.

Latest posts