Range Wars. . first blood

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not a bad idea, Cat, but one law suit at a time is more than enough for me. I don't want to wait another 3-6 months to get back to see the Judge.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Surveyors won't do anything out there without Court orders. There is nothing I can do to speed things up and I am frustrated beyond speaking.

I feel like a prisoner in my own house, being told I can't work on my own land without "Goading" the neighbor. That puts ME at fault if he calls the sheriff again and again.

I am going down to work. Since that's the way I feel anyway, I literally have a target painted on my shirt. If I don't get back to you. . . . . the neighbor did it!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
OK, by calling in on you all the time, your crazy neighbor has twisted things around so the police are siding with the neighbors. That's just so messed up. The police want you to stay off your own property so they don't have to mess with this idiot. Grrrr..... waiting impatiently on court orders.......

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I survived this day of working on my land. Still NOT working on any of the once disputed (now mine) property. I mowed, cleaned out around some trees, and took a trailer load of branches and small logs up to the burning pile.

Meanwhile, the neighbor is just finishing mowing my land. I took photos and called the sheriff. I feel like an idiot calling them for trespass, but the deputy that stopped the last two times (don't particularly like him) said I should let the sheriff's department handle any problems with the neighbor. So, phttttt! I called him back.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I survived this day of working on my land. Still NOT working on any of the once disputed (now mine) property. I mowed, cleaned out around some trees, and took a trailer load of branches and small logs up to the burning pile.

Meanwhile, the neighbor is just finishing mowing my land. I took photos and called the sheriff. I feel like an idiot calling them for trespass, but the deputy that stopped the last two times (don't particularly like him) said I should let the sheriff's department handle any problems with the neighbor. So, phttttt! I called him back.
So.. the idiot next door has no Idea even after all the court time and judges ruling that the property he mowed today is NOT his? that survey and fencing can not come SOON enough! :confused:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would definitely call the sheriff Every. Single. Time.
When we had 3 deputies respond to my call I apologized to them for making a fuss over a seemingly minor issue. They all three agreed that it's these minor issues that turn into big issues if ignored. They are there to respond.