Sneak Preview... =0

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yup, but the big mare knows to behave if I'm around! I don't allow any horsing around with me near by, we're annoyingly frail compared to them. Mini is still learning that goofing off isn't allowed, I don't grain them much other than winter, so hadn't discovered her lovely little habit. But she'll figure it out eventually.

"I'ma kick this bucket, okay??"
fillybucket.jpg

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Let them out with the sheep so they can use the barn. Kasia is being a jerk, but the filly is being nice to the sheep and trying to stay out of trouble.
10624860_830241690342674_3483579590314591590_n.jpg

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Now you've gone and done it! :barnie I'm going to have to get my son a pony. LOL Beautiful pics!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
sumi, I've always wondered where you're located. Do you have acreage for a horse? Also, we never get to see pictures of your garden. Can you post some please?

Mary

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@ninnymary I'm in South Africa at the moment. We moved back to our own farm 2 months ago after a 2-year stint abroad and halfway across the country. Right now we're trying to sell our farm, so I can go back to Ireland with my son. I don't have a garden at the moment, unless you count the few plants I'm trying to keep alive outside our flat :) Here are some of my efforts from our previous home and the sunflowers I grew there:

gd1.jpg
gd2.jpg
sf 1.jpg
sf2.jpg

Once I'm back in Ireland and (hopefully) my forever home I'm planning to have a nice garden again. I miss messing around in the soil.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now you've gone and done it! :barnie I'm going to have to get my son a pony. LOL Beautiful pics!
Be careful with what you wish for... just a couple examples : Our friends have 5 kids ( at the time, under 14 years old) , 4 ponies and a herd of 15 working / breeding QHs. Every year the dad ( all 6' 2" of him has to break the ponies to ride every spring as they seem to forget every winter ). They finally had enough when the kids grew older and fed up being bucked off whenever the mood struck the ponies. QHs became the riding horses for the kids, so the ponies were sold cheap or finally given away. Years ago, we bought a parcel of land and the former owners left their 3 ponies without telling us first. Then when we finally reached them they claimed that our kids will " love " them as they could not possibly take them to their new country properly. We found out how obnoxeous these beasts from hell were ( biteing and kicking when I tried to saddle them ( I grew up with horses and rode them every day), bucking and running away with the kids on their backs and generally intimidating our 3 kids ( then ages 9,7, 4) . :duc Ended up by donated them to the University for research. :celebrate

Latest posts