Thanksgiving!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We get to celebrate twice this year!
Kid #2 is working today and Kid#1 and girlfriend are spending the day with her family.
We'll get together on Sunday for our family Thanks Giving with our boys and Kid#1s girlfriends family, whom we love. Hey! They get two also!
More is better. :) It's not possible to be too thankful.

DH and I are spending the afternoon with our favorite neighbors and their family. I'm taking sweet potato casserole, green beans and cinnamon rolls.
Sunday I'm providing the turkey and a few sides and the kids are bringing everything else. I can't wait to spend the day with them!:ya

The rolls are raising now and the sweet potatoes are ready to be put together. If the weather cooperates I may even get a quick ride in...:)

I'm very thankful for every breath, for this life, for my family and friends, and for every good thing that God has mercifully gifted me with.

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Glad everyone enjoyed the day today. Our neighbor came down with a pie. My hubby and our neighbor sat around the dining room table and had a very nice visit about our pasts. After a few hours she left. That is about it...

Bittersweet....

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today was so much fun. Our neighbors came over, our DD and family and their neighbors. There was LOTS of food, LOTS of visiting and having fun. I told 12 year old Brendan (neighbor boy) that we were going on a hay ride and he asked what's a hay ride. I hugged him and said that's why we are having a hay ride, every kid ought to go on a hay ride. He had so much fun he asked if we'd do it again. All the kids ran, played, yelled and had a good time. Give a bunch of kids a horse trailer half full of hay and they can amuse themselves.

We really had an enjoyable day, made better by sharing it with others.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving Day greetings to all my gardening friends here on TEG.

Sorry about your turkey day, Nyboy. Here in south-est central-est Wisconsin the meal went off with nary a hitch. Everything was more than delicious and family was fun.

Sent four chickens for a ride to a new home with DIL's mother. She had a run in with a coon that got some of her birds. She was only getting two eggs a day -- not nearly enough for the two of them and Christmas baking coming up so I gave her three dozen eggs and for hens.

All in all a happy day with family. My definition of what Thanksgiving Day means.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I tried to cook a turkey, 3 firetrucks showed up as a result
Ummmm.......turkey goes into a roaster pan, cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for some several hours.....what the devil did you DO to it? For the first time ever, I think I feel sorry for a dead turkey.