unrelenting cold and snow, Northeast

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Blizzard cancelled here!!! Yes, it is very windy and snowing, but only 2" of snow are forecast now. I like snow, but I'm glad I won't have to clear another foot away. There's already plenty out there for great snowshoeing and skiing.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
With all that has gone on around the country it's hard to believe we are just now facing our first real winter event. Rain turning to freezing rain turning to a fair amount of sleet turning to an inch or two of snow on top. And single digit temperatures when it is over, though not for long.

Further south they are predicting enough freezing rain for power outages but up here the forecast does not call for that much freezing rain. I still cranked my generator yesterday to be ready just in case.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hard to imagine all this cold and snow. We are having a 74 degree weekend here. My husband says that's why he loves living in California. :rolleyes:

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are expecting or first substantial snow here tonight and tomorrow--they are saying up to a foot or more. I'm trying to plan what to do to be able to get into the chicken yard, and get the car out of the driveway. No generator here--if the power goes out, we'll be in the dark. And cold.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I didn't mean to do that at all! :p My heart does go out to all you gardeners who are chomping at the bit to get your gardens started, especially poor Lesa who thinks spring is never going to come. :(

Mary
I love seeing the plants . And I am chomping at the bit with a blizzard all around me.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
took the girls for their morning walk..... it was bloody cold and with the wind did not help.. with the windchill it was 0*

Latest posts