What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow So Lucky! That's excellent germination on the broccoli, and a very respectable rate on the zinnias.
Do you freeze your seed?
(you probably said that somewhere but I'm too lazy to look)

dixie

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Today I planted:
Peppers: Odessa Market Sweet, Boldog Hungarian Paprika, Early Jalapeno & Pepperoncini.

Tomatoes:
Opalka, Donskoi, Tidwell German pink, Rumi Banjan yellow, Early Cascade, Isis Candy cherry, Stump of the world dark pink & Maiden's gold.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I brought some frozen soil in to thaw (shoulda paid more attention to Steve's post :rolleyes:) and resorted to whisking it with some warm water :D .. then started some PowWow Wild Berry Echinacea, a perennial that was so pretty last year that I need more!,. and some for DIL's new garden.
Some pepper seeds will go in tomorrow. :weee

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Lavender2 , I grew those PowWows a few years back, but they must have not survived the winter, because I just realized I hadn't seen them last year.:(

Do you have any of the other new echinaceas? They have been amazingly prolific in their development of different colors and petal shapes. I'm afraid all of them are necessary for a perennial bed to not be ashamed of itself. :D

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hmm, says they are hardy to zone 3. You must try them again!:)

Oh believe me, if I could I would have ALL of them! I am looking at Hot Papaya, and Raspberry Truffle looks cool. I have seen some not so great reviews on some of them, so still just checking them out. PowWow is one of the few seed cultivated ones.

I have Bravado, Magnus, White Swan, Indian Summer, Sundown, Double Decker, I think that's it.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, they were an end of the season addition. Like tail end of the season, and probably didn't get much root growth before the ground froze.
I was looking at Hot Papaya too last year, but choked on the almost $20 price tag. I'll wait a bit on that one. I would like to add a new one every year though, they're one of my favorites.

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You all are terrible, every time I get on here I see something new and different that intrigues me. Something I CAN'T GO OUT AND BUY :he Ya'll are making an addict of me o_O:lol:

Latest posts