What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
It's to hot to plant anything now in the high desert (100-115) but my tomatoes set fruit again which I didn't expect. One is supposed to do well in hot climates. I think it's called Solar Fire and it has the most tomatoes. I had to put bird netting over them due to a pesky mocking bird and ground squirrels. The summer squash and zucchini are doimg well and we dug up a 5 gal. bucket of potatoes.

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
just replanted carrots and onions...was disappointed in the first carrot harvest but the onions did wonderful...I have them set out to cure on hardware cloth...picked my first zuc today...cn see other squashes setting fruit...tomatoes are setting fruit also can hardly wait and my corn has tasseled...whoot:D

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I planted Waldmann's Dark Green lettuce, which I expect will be ready in about three weeks.

726.jpg

dinkadoo

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hey folks!

I'm jealous of lot's of you out there. Today I removed my first crop tomatoes, string beans, second crop squash, and watermelons; after they were all picked of course! Heirloom tomatoes now coming in along with okra and cukes. Prepping for fall planting with composting and turning under. All those "first tomato pics" are great! Congrats to all of you 'cooler climate guys and gals!

Veggie PAK

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I just planted several hundred Vates headless collard seeds in two flats so hopefully I will get a jump on the fall crop. Last year I had to wait so long for the feed-n-seed store to get their young plants in. I thought I'd try it myself this year. I would eventually like to be able to have planted the seeds for my entire garden. I would really like to get away from buying seedlings. I suspect that some of them have brought disease in to my garden in the past.

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Veggie PAK said:
I just planted several hundred Vates headless collard seeds in two flats so hopefully I will get a jump on the fall crop. Last year I had to wait so long for the feed-n-seed store to get their young plants in. I thought I'd try it myself this year. I would eventually like to be able to have planted the seeds for my entire garden. I would really like to get away from buying seedlings. I suspect that some of them have brought disease in to my garden in the past.
I got deseased plants from a small green house that took years for me to eradicate...I am very careful if I buy plants I try to start all my veggies from seed...it is so rewarding to know I have done everything I can to have a healthy crop every year...I will not buy from the big block stores... I am lucky to have found a third generation family greenhouse nearby where they start their veggie plants from seed...and they guarantee their stock...

eucalyptus

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I repotted a Sarracenia leucophylla hybrid, was an awful job but it so needed to be done. Saw that one of the pitchers caught something too - gotta love it!!

Latest posts