12 Hours In ER With Dad

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
View attachment 25227 It's really hard sometimes to deal with them. My Dad is the same way.
Ya want to do what's best for them.. ya want to honor them and take care of them... and they fight tooth and nail, hide things from you - or tell you what's going on and then refuse ANY sort of help/treatment/comfort....
Hide things from you yep thats him

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a way to force things~if he is deemed a danger to himself or others...and there has to be a clear incident of this and needs to be filed on right after the incident~but do you want to go that direction with him in such a clear state of mind?

I wouldn't unless he was in danger of hurting others. Hurting himself while the mind is still that good? That's his prerogative...he's a big boy and can make those decisions on his own.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not going to have him curse my name for what ever time he has left. He would haunt me the rest of my days.

:lol: And he'd do it too! Tell your sis SHE can push ol' dad into doing things..you'll sit back with popcorn :pop and watch. Should be fun to watch.

My family used to get onto me for "letting" Mom get up on the roof and clean out the eaves, work on the stove pipe, patch around the skylights, etc. I just laughed at them and said, "YOU tell her she can't do that....I'll sit here and watch. Should be good for a laugh." I told them I'm just here to pick up the pieces if she falls...her life, not mine. My job is to help her keep living her life the way she wants for as long as she wants.

When we had the new roof put on here, the guy came out to give an estimate and she shimmied up that ladder to show him the skylights. He couldn't stop talking about how quick she squirreled up a ladder and how fit she was, kept getting onto her for going up on the roof....finally he just shut up. On top of that little body is a very hard head and, to her, age is just a number. It's not who she is.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
It just occurred to me with the life alert bracelet; do you think he is the type to become accustomed to all the attention (kinda nice to have pretty young nurses fuss over me) and start abusing the service? The emergency services are contacted, then they contact you or your sis.
I hope they don't charge extra for frequent flyers.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
It just occurred to me with the life alert bracelet; do you think he is the type to become accustomed to all the attention (kinda nice to have pretty young nurses fuss over me) and start abusing the service? The emergency services are contacted, then they contact you or your sis.
I hope they don't charge extra for frequent flyers.
very possible Bee to men in their 90s ALL woman pretty

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
He told the nurse he was Jewish and had 7 sisters, He said in the Jewish religion thats good luck, so if she had dinner with him she be lucky. The nurse looked at me and said is that true ? I replied the man is wearing a crucifix around his neck No its not true

Latest posts