2015 Little Easy Bean Network - Old Beans Should Never Die !

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi Russ, I guess that I will take the star 2052 and the Ibotyi Umthub small garden this year so that is all I'll have room for. thanks as always for your generosity. I am excited to play and share with my new beans. I started my sister off with some of the beans and she is excited to help me this year for her own.

sea-kangaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
San Francisco Bay Area (zone 9, Sunset 15)
This is timely since I got a few Lazy Wife Greasy from the Best farm this fall and was debating whether to grow them this year or save them for 2016. I think I ought to plant them so we can all compare our various wives' laziness. :) Here's a photo:
P1360829.JPG

Those seeds were from "last of the season" moldy pods, so are a bit more shriveled and off-white than I think would be typical. I was intrigued by the purple one, but Michael Best said that that's just a thing that happens occasionally, some kind of phenotypic response to available minerals or something, and doesn't seem to have an impact on future bean generations.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
These are the beans below that are left untaken from the African Collection to be refreshed this season. Four left. Hope we will have a grower for them.

Zebra (pole), Prizewinner (pole), Solwezi #63 (pole), and Purple Champion (pole).

Latest posts