2015 Little Easy Bean Network - Old Beans Should Never Die !

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi @Chickie'sMomaInNH,

Just to let you know the Admire Snitbonen, Piet Special, Solwezi #64, Aussie Purple King, Mammoth Golden Cluster, Nyimo Bean, and Imbotyi Chaphaza have all been asked for already. That's a pretty great start for the first two days.

VA_LongBean

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Russ,

I tallied the 2015 beans last night and compared them to those in the 2014 Easy Bean Network. Sorry, analyst tic, nothing to worry about. :) However, I was unable to match 3 of them: Solw(v)ezi 63, 64, and Sweet White. There were 2 versions of a Solw(v)ezi bean on offer last year. So my curious and not really important question is, were these three beans included in last year's network?

Thanks. :)

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi @Chickie'sMomaInNH,

Just to let you know the Admire Snitbonen, Piet Special, Solwezi #64, Aussie Purple King, Mammoth Golden Cluster, Nyimo Bean, and Imbotyi Chaphaza have all been asked for already. That's a pretty great start for the first two days.
wow! that really was quick! i probably should just work with those Shortwave you gave me and see if i can focus on those and the Shackamaxon along with my current beans.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are correct @VA_LongBean. I can't seem to find those three beans on last years photos either. That might be a big whooops how did that happen ! I just don't have an answer for that one. That's all I can tell you.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, the Nyimo is definitely a different species. For me last season they did not produce. They may need a more southern location, maybe with more water.

I really am trying to get things together. I do have a lead for a place with a garden site, very near the coast. I would need to find a job there that would bet me at minimum 1,700 dollars a month.

Where I am at an old friend's house he has a beehive box on the deck. I'm thinking a hundred of them could make some pretty good extra cash, and they look not too difficult to make.

I am also struggling against acute depression of some kind that all this that happened to me started.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, the Nyimo is definitely a different species. For me last season they did not produce. They may need a more southern location, maybe with more water.

I really am trying to get things together. I do have a lead for a place with a garden site, very near the coast. I would need to find a job there that would pay me at minimum 1,700 dollars a month.

Where I am at an old friend's house he has a beehive box on the deck. I'm thinking a hundred of them could make some pretty good extra cash, and they look not too difficult to make.

I am also struggling against acute depression of some kind that all this that happened to me started.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I edited that to fix the spelling of one word, and looks like both are still there now

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@marshallsmyth , I don't have any wise words about your depression, it seems reasonable to be in a low state after losing all you had worked so hard at and so unfairly too.
Maybe it will help to focus on what good things there are going on right now. A friend that can give you shelter, the possibilities in front of you, all of us here who care for you a great deal...
Don't despair, amazing things can happen in three days.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Russ. I'll take anything that you might think will grow at 1200 ft elevation, in a drought, with hot summers and no humidity. Two or three, if available, would be good. I hope I did a good job growing that only one that produced for me last year. Thanks.
-Barbara

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi @Chickie'sMomaInNH,

All I can tell you about the Zebra is that it's a pole bean from Australia, and the Zebra sample was spoken for last night. Not the same as Selma Zebra. Selma Zebra I can remember came out as a commercial variety in the late 1970's. I remember seeing the bean in the Park seed catalog. That's all I remember about it.

Latest posts