2015 Little Easy Bean Network - Old Beans Should Never Die !

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had the same thoughts about this deer.

If I had a mosquito net, a rifle, night vision glasses, and the neighbors didn't mind getting woke up in the middle of the night one time. Then there could be some nice seasoned Deer Jerky. Yummy !

Reactions: Hal

Hal

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had the same thoughts about this deer.

If I had a mosquito net, a rifle, night vision glasses, and the neighbors didn't mind getting woke up in the middle of the night one time. Then there could be some nice seasoned Deer Jerky. Yummy !
Plenty of uses, all for the cost of just one night of disturbance.
Hopefully tomorrow is sunny so I can start sowing some beans in containers.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi @VA_LongBean,

I don't remember what you said was the problem with Solwezi. Perhaps it is slower to mature. Sounds like Piet Special is doing great and will produce some fresh seed.

VA_LongBean

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Piet could put Kentucky Wonder to shame in terms of its vines.

When the rains stop I'll see if the beans hide like the flowers on Solwezi.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have thought of a new idea for everyone to pick and choose their desired beans to grow out on this bean network next year and for all time.

After this season is over. We have gone through all of the beans that were sent to me 3 years ago from two fellows from South Africa. I've been calling it the African Collection. We now know which ones didn't grow and have grown out all the other seed that would germinate and have renewed all that still alive seed.

I have lots of other beans that could be grown. Joseph Simcox "The Botanical Explorer" sends me beans in a box almost every year. I have many of Marshall's beans, and beans from other people as well. I think the total with the African beans added together is over 180 varieties.

I have created two Little Easy Bean network pages on my website with all the beans pictured except for the ones that are out being grown by various growers this year. Those could be put up later in the year after all the seed returns have come back. These pages will elimate the need for me to put up a handfull of bean pictures on this thread every spring, and can allow you to pick from the whole entire lot of all these beans that I have every season.

You can not access these pages from the regular part of the website. Most people looking at the site won't even know the pages are there since there are no links to these network pages on the navigation bar near the tops of the pages. These network pages are for everyone here that is part of this bean network. To open and view these pages you must type into your url window the follwing page address. http://www.abeancollectorswindow.com/network.html This will get you to the first network page. There is a link at the bottom of that page to access the second network page and a link on that second page at the bottom to return to the first page. You can also view any of the other pages on the website from these network pages, and the rest of the site pages will open in a seperate tab while you still remain on the network page in it's own tab.

Take a look using the address I have given and come back here to let me know what you think of this idea.

I don't know what kind of internet browsers each one of you has to connect to websites, but I have discovered I can not access the network page with Internet Explorer. If you have that problem I would suggest you google perhaps Opera or Google Chrome and download and install one of those internet browsers on your computer. My website does seem to view the best with either one of these two browsers.

VA_LongBean

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What version of IE are you using? Apparently I am on IE 11 and have no trouble seeing the new site, however with the approach of Microsoft's new Spartan browser, IE will largely die out.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi @VA_LongBean,

I have a windows 7 computer and I can't find the version number on IE. I just assumed that IE would be updated everytime I get a win7 update. Maybe I'll have to download the IE 11. It doesn't really bother me as I have a half dozen browers on this machine I can use.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have no problem opening that with Explorer. How this stuff works is way beyond me. I've saved that link where I should be able to find it, right next tot he link to your website. When you start next year's thread, you might put that link in the first post.

Some of the labeling is a bit wonky on those beans. I know that might be because of my operating system, browser, or maybe I just didn't hold my mouth right when I opened it. For example, on the first page I'm seeing, the second bean down and on the far left is a light brown chunky two tone bean. On the right the label says "Blue and White of' while underneath it says "Bernardo (Pole) Last Grown?"

I think your intended labeling system is to label them to the right where most of them are but some are labeled both right and underneath and others are just labeled underneath. There are two beans labeled "Montagna" underneath but one is "Buona Della" to the right and the other is "Buoni Della" to the right. I don't know if others are seeing it this way or if it is just me.

I like the idea but I'll probably just ask you to send me some that you think need to be renewed. I'll give some parameters like some pole, some bush, and different colors/patterns so I can tell them apart but I'm pretty relaxed about it.

This constant rain I causing me some headaches but I'm pretty confident I will be able to return new seeds of all five you sent me this year. At least I have plants from all five of them.

LonghornGardens

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Using an antique IPad the bottom row descriptions on page 1, under the name, is kind of messed up and the "additional beans icon" is covering these cutoff descriptions. It shows the name fine, then you can see unknown or pole but everything under that is cutoff. The link to the next page still works though.

Wow, what an impressive addition to the enormous collection you already have. Some of these new beans are must haves.