2017 Little Easy Bean Network – Everything Beans, Post It Here & Join The Fun

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Appalachian Seed Swap will be held at the Pikeville Central High School. They say 9 am to 4 pm but most of the seed people have packed up by 2:30 pm.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Appalachian Seed Swap will be held at the Pikeville Central High School. They say 9 am to 4 pm but most of the seed people have packed up by 2:30 pm.

That's how the one in Berea was, all early birds. We got there at 2pm and it was nearly over.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
@journey11

I will try to get pictures of my new acquisitions from the swap up today. The people who run the swap said the number of attendees was about half. There was snow all during the time of the swap and to get to the location of the swap you have to go up this hill. The hill has a bad reputation of being dangerous when it's slick and the swap administrators said it probably freaked out a lot of people who were there last year. Hopefully next year we won't have this winter that never seems to end.

Got snow on the ground here in Woodstock, Illinois this morning. Snowed overnight and still snowing lightly. Probably 2 inches deep.

It's been unseasonalbly cold here. Stuff like crocusses, tulips, bulb plants that should have already started pushing up in late March haven't even begun to show signs of wanting to emerge. The buds on the trees look like it's still January. Very weird.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug,

Got up this morning and loaded all the image files from the good copy of the website I have on my computer at home. When I saw they were loading without asking me if I wanted to overwrite the old images I realized I must have deleted all the image files when I was in Florida. So all the images now show up with the exception of the header image on the index or home page. Can not figure out what is causing that.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will try to start a new Little Easy Bean Network thread today. Got to have blood tests done to get all my meds filled by my doctor. I also have to do my tax return myself. To late to try to get in anywhere to have someone else to that. Going to be a busy day today. Lots of bean requests to fill from SSE members, and people who sent me emails during the time I was away got to let all of them know I'm back home. My email server won't work this morning. I think my internet service provider is having trouble.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will try to start a new Little Easy Bean Network thread today. Got to have blood tests done to get all my meds filled by my doctor. I also have to do my tax return myself. To late to try to get in anywhere to have someone else to that. Going to be a busy day today. Lots of bean requests to fill from SSE members, and people who sent me emails during the time I was away got to let all of them know I'm back home. My email server won't work this morning. I think my internet service provider is having trouble.

Back to the daily grind! I bet this weather has been an unpleasant contrast after coming up from Florida.

We went to the Outer Banks for spring break. It dipped into the 20's here at home one night while we were gone and my house was left unheated since we burn wood. I came back to a whole flat of pepper seedlings fried from the heat mat working overtime. I knew better than to take a vacation this time of year. More room for beans now I guess!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug,

Got up this morning and loaded all the image files from the good copy of the website I have on my computer at home. When I saw they were loading without asking me if I wanted to overwrite the old images I realized I must have deleted all the image files when I was in Florida. So all the images now show up with the exception of the header image on the index or home page. Can not figure out what is causing that.

welcome back @Bluejay77 glad you made it back safe.

check how it is linked in code, sometimes site generators don't notice a file has moved or they change with the new version. since i'm not sure of how you are building/deploying your website i can't be more specific...

ok i went and looked around, not sure what you want, but problem/missing
image says it should be at:
(current pages)
http://www.abeancollectorswindow.com/images2/logowrap-2.png

if i click on the first bean page the picture comes up as:
http://www.abeancollectorswindow.com/images2/fullsize.jpg

now if i go back using the archived link i posted before the location and name are different:

https://web.archive.org/web/2017100...ancollectorswindow.com/images2/fullsize-6.jpg

so my guess is that you changed something between then and now.

best i can do from here at the moment, i hope this helps... :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@journey11

I will try to get pictures of my new acquisitions from the swap up today. The people who run the swap said the number of attendees was about half. There was snow all during the time of the swap and to get to the location of the swap you have to go up this hill. The hill has a bad reputation of being dangerous when it's slick and the swap administrators said it probably freaked out a lot of people who were there last year. Hopefully next year we won't have this winter that never seems to end.

Got snow on the ground here in Woodstock, Illinois this morning. Snowed overnight and still snowing lightly. Probably 2 inches deep.

It's been unseasonalbly cold here. Stuff like crocusses, tulips, bulb plants that should have already started pushing up in late March haven't even begun to show signs of wanting to emerge. The buds on the trees look like it's still January. Very weird.

we've had a few of the earliest flowers show up already, the first irises will come up through the snow and hold their own for a few weeks. they've been out there frozen and refrozen a dozen times or more already. kinda tattered looking by now.

this is not current image of them, but this is what they look like:

100_5961_My_Lady_Blue_thm.jpg

other flowers mainly crocuses are gradually trying to come out, but only a few here or there. most are still thinking about it. overnight lows still down into the teens... maybe we'll see some warmer weather this week and everything will pop at once...

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug

I took the image textlogo-2.png in my desktop folder copy of the website and made a copy of it in the image2 folder and then changed the name to be the same as the image tag logowrap-2.png that is showing up on the page source of the site and then uploaded it to the image2 folder on the server so now that text A Bean Collector's Window now shows up on the page when you first log on to the site. So same image two different names.

But I don't know what to do about the missing image that contains all the beans. It's almost as if when I upload an edited copy of the index file it doesn't overwrite the old file that's on the server.