2017 Little Easy Bean Network – Everything Beans, Post It Here & Join The Fun

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Ridge !

That is very interesting grow out results this year. All kinds of genes in these plants. They are pairing up to make some new combinations. I like that "Tranquility". Love the color, and it's interesting to see beans that don't have any gloss to their seeds.

I had trouble earlier this afternoon. Couldn't get photos to load on this site. My computer wouldn't connect to most websites. I think it was my internet service provider having trouble.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ridgerunner,

Just thought about this semi runner I found in Blue Jay two years ago. I grew some this year. Produces tons of pods for a low growing bean. Has smaller seed than Blue Jay but colored just like BJ. Would you like some of these? The beans do make a good baking bean.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Red Eyed Ranger" This bean is a true bush dry bean. It comes as a segretation another of my original beans called "Cherry Trout". The beans in this photo are all of the ones I harvested this season. .20 of an ounce, almost thought the seeds wouldn't make my digital scale move at all.

Red Eyed Ranger #1.jpg

#138 - Red Eyed Ranger

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
"PXBT-PP-3-97B-00H" Do numbers like this look familiar? It is a bush bean and a Robert Lobitz unnamed bean. This bean was already being circulated among SSE members by the time I ran across it. How could you name the bean now? It's been known by this number by so many growers already. It's often refered to as simply PXBT for short. My planting of this bean totally filled out the section of row that I planted it to. I got nearly a normal amount of seed and I won't be growing it out again next year.

PXBT-PP-3-97B-OOH .jpg

#139 - PXBT-PP-3-97B-00H

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Conserva" I had grown this bean a couple of years ago after Joseph Simcox sent me the bean, and after theJenx, and Philagardener filled us in on the history of the bean I wanted to grow a whole bunch more of them this year. However my total harvest was .10 of an ounce. My entire crop is in this photo. Oh well ! There's always next year.

Conserva #1.jpg

#142 - Conserva

Latest posts