2019 Little Easy Bean Network - Come And Reawaken The Thrill Of Discovery

saritabee

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@flowerbug,

I think once I read on the Native Seed Search site the Falcon was an indigenous variety. The Indians raised the bean. I think it is also a semi runner.

The Falcon I grew last year (via Tricia77, who I think got them from Russ originally) was itty-bitty in pretty much every way. Itty-bitty seeds, itty-bitty pods, itty-bitty plant. It got kinda shaded out by the larger bush beans around it, but all of the plants were easily under a foot tall and real spindly. Definitely flageolet-style, though.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Artorius,

So glad the mailing of your beans to you was a success. I will be very interested to see how the Ernie's Big Eye turns out in your soil. I also mailed some of the Ernie's Big Eye to Decoy1 in the UK. Should prove to be an interesting summer this year.

Decoy1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Looking forward to growing Ernie's Big Eye.
I'll also be growing Mugungi. Is anything known about the origins of this bean. It sounds rather African perhaps but there doesn't seem to be a place called Mugungi

Spork

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
@Bluejay77

Russ, in searching for something non seed related, I stumbled upon a small. Said small box had 200 KP seeds!! I knew I had a treasure somewhere. And my 60 Ocean View seeds came in the other day. I'm a tomatoaholic, but very excited about growing 2 rare legumes!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug

Where did you get your seeds? Rancho Gordo? They are both beautiful and delicious indeed!

the health food store sells them by the lb, but i also have mixed in with those some that a few other people have sent to me so they are not a pure line. i've been growing them for 7 seasons and i have several selections i'm working with now that various markings and shapes have shown up in my sorting.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Russ, in searching for something non seed related, I stumbled upon a small. Said small box had 200 KP seeds!! I knew I had a treasure somewhere. And my 60 Ocean View seeds came in the other day. I'm a tomatoaholic, but very excited about growing 2 rare legumes!

@Spork

What is this 200 KP seeds. I am in the dark on this one. Can you do a photo of them?