2019 Little Easy Bean Network - Come And Reawaken The Thrill Of Discovery

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
@BeanQueen,

I just got an email from my Czech Republic bean trading friend and he told me that the beans from Beans and Herbs UK will not be available until December 2020. I'm willing to wait for them. Consider it something in the future to look forward to.

BeanQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@BeanQueen,

I just got an email from my Czech Republic bean trading friend and he told me that the beans from Beans and Herbs UK will not be available until December 2020. I'm willing to wait for them. Consider it something in the future to look forward to.
Mine just arrived, will send you half in fall with Network beans

Michael Lusk

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@BeanQueen, was inspired by your Red Swan post to get a close up of mine in action. Having too much fun with a new lens at the garden this morning...the symmetry of most vegetable flowers always amazes me. My wife kids me about sometimes growing food crops that we're not going to eat, I always reply that it's same as a traditional flower garden only way more interesting.

2019 Photos (1 of 1).jpg

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
a traditional flower garden only way more interesting.

I like that and will probably use it. My brother recently retired and his wife keeps telling him that he plants more than they need. So what? He is retired, he loves growing things, and he gives the excess to friends and relatives. He does the growing, harvesting, and canning. I like growing things that we aren't going to eat all of myself. It helps me feed my compost pile if I don't give it away.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
a traditional flower garden only way more interesting.

I like that and will probably use it. My brother recently retired and his wife keeps telling him that he plants more than they need. So what? He is retired, he loves growing things, and he gives the excess to friends and relatives. He does the growing, harvesting, and canning. I like growing things that we aren't going to eat all of myself. It helps me feed my compost pile if I don't give it away.

feed the worms and often that will take care of the rest. :)

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
The three purple vining Sweetwater are blooming at 2' long. Dark fuschia bud

Did I happen to mark the year of the Sweetwater seed that you got. I might be able to trace it back to some possibilities of a few semi runner plants that could be the male pollen donor. There was a time when I grew semi runner plants mixed with true bush plants, but no more. Only true bush varieties are grown in a family and semi runners in a family. Stringless bush snap beans only with other stringless bush snap beans. True bush dry beans with their own family type.

Sweetwater's seed mother is a variety from France that I got from a woman in Derby, England. The French bean is called "Rose D' Eyragues".

Latest posts