2019 Little Easy Bean Network - Come And Reawaken The Thrill Of Discovery

BeanQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have some 2018 Galopka I can send you if these don't work out; just let me know...
Thank you, if you can spare some, I would very much appreciate it! I am worried that mine might be crossed with BLB or Golden Wax. I can send you some beans in return as a thank you if I have a variety you are interested in

BeanQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey! I grew Ram’s horn this year (not seed from you- from a swap) and look at what the trellis threw me! Talk about a mix. The pods didn’t look all that different from the outside either! Very prolific for me- just like you said.
View attachment 33880

I would grow them as this amazing mix! Beautiful! Would love to grow these one day, good luck with them!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I opened the Small House Farm website and almost died when I saw the Ocean View beans. I immediately wrote to Ben Cohen and asked if he could send seeds to Poland. I'm curious what he will answer me.

did he ever reply? Ocean View looks to me like a cross between Dappled Grey and a Commodore (or similar colored/patterned) green bean. very pretty bean for sure! :)

Last edited:

Decoy1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Preston’s Old Family Heirloom Is one of the seeds I’ve received to grow out fir the Network. Trying to find out a bit about any history for it, I came across Preston ‘s Bush Bean which seems to be around in Australia, for example, http://durandtsheirloomseeds.co.za/product-category/beans/page/3/?orderby=sku_asc
Unfortunately no photo of dried seed but I just wondered whether there might be an Australian connection for Preston’s. Do you have any info, Russ? Could it be Australian in origin?

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Decoy1 Said:

Preston’s Old Family Heirloom Is one of the seeds I’ve received to grow out fir the Network. Trying to find out a bit about any history for it, I came across Preston ‘s Bush Bean which seems to be around in Australia, for example, http://durandtsheirloomseeds.co.za/product-category/beans/page/3/?orderby=sku_asc
Unfortunately no photo of dried seed but I just wondered whether there might be an Australian connection for Preston’s. Do you have any info, Russ? Could it be Australian in origin?

Bluejay said:

I got the bean in from an Alan Reynolds in August of 2013. He is from Hercules, South Africa. He is an Australian citizen and travels back and forth from South Africa to Australia. I believe the bean is of Australian origin. I wonder if you wrote to the HSCA, Heritage Seed Curators Australia, PO Box 1450, 3875 Bairnsdale, Victoria, Australia. If they might know anything about the bean.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I didn't receive any response. Sometimes I get the impression that my emails are considered a joke.:)

that's unfortunate! they don't show as being out of stock so i would send a second inquiry along with asking if you can send them some $ and a pre-addressed return/postage paid envelope so they don't have to figure out how to do all that or to do any currency conversion. it might smooth the pathway. :)

if anything i can also ask them to save some seeds for me if they have any to exchange at the upcoming seed swap.

Decoy1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I wonder if you wrote to the HSCA, Heritage Seed Curators Australia, PO Box 1450, 3875 Bairnsdale, Victoria, Australia. If they might know anything about the bean
Thanks Russell. I found an online form for submitting queries to them so will see if I get a reply. They seem to have been taken over by a company called Barenbrug so I’m not very hopeful but we’ll see.
Good to know who your source was

Latest posts