2020 Little Easy Bean Network - An Exciting Adventure In Heirloom Beans !

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've been getting my computer hacked lately. If you get an email with the subject line Can You Do Me A Favor. It's from a hacker. They ask you if you have an Amazon account. Don't answer the message because it's not me but an impersonator. They want to bilk you out of $200.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've been getting my computer hacked lately. If you get an email with the subject line Can You Do Me A Favor. It's from a hacker. They ask you if you have an Amazon account. Don't answer the message because it's not me but an impersonator. They want to bilk you out of $200.

yep, tried it on me today.

here is the first header from the e-mail:

====
Received: from CY4PR01MB3239.prod.exchangelabs.com
([fe80::a0ec:2cd1:fb26:9cc5]) by CY4PR01MB3239.prod.exchangelabs.com
([fe80::a0ec:2cd1:fb26:9cc5%12]) with mapi id 15.20.2814.018; Fri, 13
Mar
2020 19:40:15 +0000
=====

Russ has a different e-mail address he normally uses...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Artorius,

Yes I have also seen on websites that sell Stueben Yellow Eye. They say that the name is syonymous with Molasses Face. I'm not sure they have that correct. I wonder how they arrived at that information.

i wish i knew! i was trying to figure this out today along with another project i have with the beans called Conserva.

first the issue of names for what follows: to me YE and Molasses Face are the same beans, but perhaps i am wrong there too? :)

do you recall your first experience in seeing the Stuebens? i have never seen them in person yet that i know of.

i have only experience with what are called Yellow Eye and in all of those samples i have never seen dark marks anywhere on them.

and if i had to guess that to me it looks like the YE beans are either a selection from S
or the S are the results of a cross of YE with some other bean (likely a soldier bean based upon my so far limited experience).

as far as the Conserva project, i had come across a picture of Conserva where the beans were a lot more red than the samples i have seen or grown. so perhaps they have drifted more towards white in your collection? or did someone actually make a more red selection or cross? i can't tell because i can't find the picture, which really bugs me as i wish i had bookmarked it so i could go back to take a look at it some more or even to ask the person about it... grrr! silly me... :)

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug,

I got the Conserva from Joseph Simcox in 2013. He had collected the bean in Holland I believe. He thought the bean was Dutch, but actually bred by David Sachs in Germany. The bean I got from Joe was light red with whitish mottling. It would be interesting to see what the original looked like from David Sachs.

On another subject. @Ridgerunner I think I know what happened to Hogeye. I think I remember planting it in my south flower bed this last spring and none of the seeds grew. I only had a couple of seeds. That's where I got the idea to substitue with Flat Hollow and I got some nicer newer seed with that grow out.

Last edited:

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
[QUOTE="flowerbug, post: 363377, member: 6800"]
Received: from CY4PR01MB3239.prod.exchangelabs.com
([fe80::a0ec:2cd1:fb26:9cc5]) by CY4PR01MB3239.prod.exchangelabs.com
([fe80::a0ec:2cd1:fb26:9cc5%12]) with mapi id 15.20.2814.018; Fri, 13
Mar
2020 19:40:15 +0000
From: Russell Crow <upadam1@outlook.com> This is definitely not my email address.
=====

Russ has a different e-mail address he normally uses...
[/QUOTE]

The only email address I use is upadam@comcast.net....................

In February the hacker was using upadam1@google.com

Latest posts