4 am Scream

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat there is a big debate about that, some Biologist are saying they dont scream. There have never been a fisher filmed screaming. They say fox screams are often mistaken for fisher

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Across from White Plains house is about 10 acres of woods, it diveds the neighborhood. I am in the middle class section other side of woods is estates of very rich. One night about 2am I was woken up by a pack of coyotes, they had a deer trapped was not a quick kill. For 45 minutes the deer screamed till it fell silent. The coyotes where barking thats how I knew there where many. Was a horrible long 45 minutes, I got out bed to make sure my doors where locked.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat there is a big debate about that, some Biologist are saying they dont scream. There have never been a fisher filmed screaming. They say fox screams are often mistaken for fisher
I have heard the foxes mating scream too. Sounds different to mme but of course I have never seen it.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coyotes got a stray dog right at our front gate one night. I could hear it over the TV and ran outside. DH ran out too and we listened, it was horrible hearing them kill that dog, but in the way of nature, it is survival of the fittest. They are active now and I can hear them in the evenings and mornings out hunting.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
A friend just had three pigs, ten weeks old, killed in their pen. Not eaten, just dead. They were slashed, probably a bobcat.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Many years back, on my grandfather's wilderness property, a pack of feral dogs was running down & killing deer. They were just killing them for sport. According to my GF, there were some attacks on livestock as well. The county authorized a bounty on the dog pack, which put an end to it.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dog pacs are the worst. Kill for joy of killing.... I want them destroyed but I’m really mad at the humans-if they can be called that-for being so irresponsible.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
as i've studied many creatures i've found very few of what are considered only human traits actually solely practiced by humans.

however, we're so dominant now that we take a huge amount in comparison to what is taken from us. while i regret any attacks by animals upon humans at times i do think it's just a bit of basic turnabout and fair play in the greater scheme of things and as a species i think it's also good to have a bit of something to look out for and to not be so complacent about our place in the world/wild. i want that. i know a lot of people don't really understand this, but like wild spaces i think it's important.

you can't really be free if there is no room or resources to be free, if everyone is climbing all over each other like a box of hamsters... well... it's no longer really about freedom anymore it's just survival. *shrug* ya know...

Latest posts