a mere shadow of my former self ;)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, you are right. I have never weighed 205# until February, 2011.

Once I got the weight down below 200, I knew that the downward trend was slowing. I've been afraid to get on the scale. I'm at 195.5, this morning. I have not lost 5 pounds in over 2 months!

The Heat is on! Activity is at peak! It is Now or Never!

But then, how am I gonna keep it off??

Steve

gardentoad

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Well once again I am trying, I have lost so much over the years I could build a small town.. I have always been a big eater, and a truck driver until I got injured on the job, which makes doing anything very hard..I am doing something that I have never done before.
I am only eating what my DW eats, I mean right to the letter, we compare plates so that we have the same amount.
I could loose all of what you weight and still need to drop a little more..I will be very happy to weight 225 or less..so we will see how
This new idea goes. I always gave up stuff that I liked before and could never stick to it. So this time I am not giving anything up.

Don

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Portion size seems to be getting some good attention from the nutritionists. They reworked the entire food pyramid. I think it is great: Balance, Increase, Reduce

Injury is 75% of what this is about, Don. The other 25% is just trying to take better care of myself.

I am just over 6 feet tall. I was actually 6'2" once but . . . the nurses put me down as 6' now. And, that is all because of injury to my back and loss of the full use of my legs.

I just cannot carry the weight.

July was a problem and mobility is now even more limited. I had been noticing a twinge on the really bad, left side of my back for a few weeks. Then, I lost more use of the left leg. I could do the lucky/unlucky thing -- better than losing any more right leg use. Two real bad legs would probably mean something worse than where I am right now.

Steve

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What are you drinking Steve? Any liquid calories? And I don't just mean beer and booze. Things like soda, lemonade, tea, juice, coffee, sports drinks, they all can or have sugar in them and we may not always realize it. Check the labels on what your drinking too.

Best of luck Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good news Steve!! Yesterday, I thought you were 205 but your not. :ya Being as tall as you are, I would think you look pretty good. ;)

Jared..you have a point. I noticed that I've been drinking the sweet tea from Trader Joe's that I seem to be addicted to. It does have alot of sugar. Now, if only I can stop drinking it. I think I'll cut back to a very small amount.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can't get me there, Jared. Even my black coffee is 2/3rds decaf ;).

Tea/no sugar.

Gatorade in the summertime - 50cal/12oz. Maybe 2 in a day.

I usually can't stay awake for a 2nd beer, don't have the 1st one often. Once in awhile, something stronger . . . can't remember my last glass of wine. Like 7up instead of soda water in my Gin Ricky but usually forget the gin.

Steve :)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Any chance of you finding a swimming pool, nearby, for exercise- Steve? Have you ever tried any yoga? Dh has an injured back and finds yoga to be the best medicine... Lots of slow stretching and balance work... Don't be discouraged! All we can do is keep on trying!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know what Lesa? I'm afraid I can't swim anymore.

I was never a great swimmer, like a shark I had to keep moving or I'd sink. But, I'm seriously unbalanced now.

Bike riding is out. Yes, I like the stretches :cool:!

Steve

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
vfem said:
6/2010-I hope sweating off the lbs is an option. Sadly, I went from 150 to 195 when I was pregnant with my daughter. I went all the way down to 160 last year with the garden... then up to 175 after the winter. I am now 172, but I don't think my gardening is helping as much as it should be. Especially since everything I eat now a days includes a veggie or fruit rather then junk in a bag.

Worst part, I have a gym membership and do yoga at least once a week sometime twice, and I do some biking... not seeming to matter! :he
Remember this quote Steve? By September of last year I was at 180, and I thought I was going to FREAK!

Funny thing though, I changed my eating habits quite a bit since then. More veggies, even less meat & less starches. I even quit the gym, but do yoga weekly for the fun of it. My garden has kept me busy, but so has my part-time job. I've swam 'some' this summer, more so then last summer. All in all I wouldn't say I'm too much MORE healthy then I was.... but now I am weighing in at 146!

I have to say I'm quite pleased, and I no longer feel hungry... I eat 1/2 of what I used too. I counted calories for about 3 months, after then I just kind of guessed. Now I don't bother to count, but I stay away from the processed stuff more then ever.

I'm sure I'll stall out or gain a bit over winter, but I don't see myself putting on 30lbs again by next spring!!! :weee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, V!

You are below your pre-pregnancy weight! And, what a drop from last fall!

Good for you!

Steve

Latest posts