a mere shadow of my former self ;)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks Steve, my husband is very proud and I'm only 6lbs or so away from my goal. But the biggest part of my goal was to loss it, and keep it off! Its that flux you were talking about that is really bad for you. So I hope you are able to get yourself on a healthy natural diet you are comfortable with as a life change. That seems to be the best route. Those 'fad' diets are more trouble then they're worth! :sick

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Jared..you have a point. I noticed that I've been drinking the sweet tea from Trader Joe's that I seem to be addicted to. It does have alot of sugar. Now, if only I can stop drinking it. I think I'll cut back to a very small amount.
Start by making your own tea. MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper and you can slowly start removing the amount of sugar your putting in. Each batch put in a little less.

Steve it was worth a try I figured you were on top of it but you never know. What about water aerobics instead of swimming? You can still get the movement and resistance without the harsh impact, jarring and it might help give you some flexibility because your buoyant and not fighting gravity so much. Most places that have swimming lessons usually offer these classes too. I know they are very popular with folks who have lost some range of motion or have arthritis. Look into it.

Do you have a dog to take for a walk? Even something as simple as having the dog to take out with you will give you a reason to get up and get going. Its about creating routines. When I was lifting at the gym to bulk up to get on the Dept it was tough to get started if I fell out of my routine for whatever reason. So if you can create the habit, it can quickly become routine. Even if its a 5 minute walk, its a start and before you know it your doing 10, 15, 30 minute walks.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, it is "fighting gravity" that I want to cut down on.

Most of my exercise revolves around gardening. There is really a good deal of stretching involved. After the season ends, it's either Classical Stretch with Miranda or the snow shovel. I think they may both help - if I take it easy with the shovel. Small bites of snow and there's cardiovascular benefit. Miranda helps me feel better in the morning :cool:.

Anything is better than nothing unless it is just bending my elbow at the table. There is where I get into the weight gain! Inactivity can really contribute to it. I'm thinking again of requiring myself to walk a half mile between bites . . . or, something like that.

Steve
used to like to walk, not so much these days

ETA: Hey! Jillian Michaels is back on my TEG page!

Latest posts