A Seed Saver's Garden

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I witnessed the making of history yesterday.

Being a country that never fought for it's freedom from the king nor queen, as America did, where we still call land not privately owned 'crown land', I am floating on air right now. It's a bit late, but better late than never. Our day has come!

The Freedom Convoy passed through my town yesterday. Thousands of us stood outside for hours freezing in -25 weather, to hold up heart cut outs and thank you signs, on a desolate highway area, where you had to trudge through deep snow on embankments to get up to the roadway. Thousands of transports, trucks and cars went through taking two or three hours to pass the city. Grandparents, children rolling in the snow, young people, families, retired couples, teenagers with their dogs, were all gathered and wheelchair bound seniors who could not make it up the embankments sat parked in the snow in their wheelchairs at the bottom waving their signs proudly. All full of love, all there to show support for these men who deliver so much of what Canada cannot provide for itself, who have been declared domestic terrorists. The unity was palpable.

When we couldn't take the cold anymore, all our feet were just frozen, we hopped in the car and drove along with the convoy until it made its way to the next town. The crowds were wild, passionate. The incredible symphony of horns saturated the air for 3 hours. My arms are aching today from holding them up in the air for so many hours. I've never seen anything like it in my life, and I've been to freedom rallies many times. This will probably not be represented accurately on any major media platform; as Ezra Levant said today in presently liberated Ottawa 'we are now the media'. The nation's 'leader' has officially gone into hiding.

Burned most in my mind is the picture of the little ones in the trucks, sitting in the back in a car seat, or on the moms' lap in the front seat waving to us. Most of the truckers are riding across the country with their families. And the wives of the truckers weeping, just weeping uncontrollably, as they drove past us as thousands of us screamed 'thank you' and 'we love you guys'! Walking away from that day, knowing how much they understood what they meant to all of us, the flag wavers stretching for kilometres and kilometres, the most incredible gathering I've every seen...it's about all I can do now to not bawl my eyes out.

🌹:hit❤️

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So much LOVE across Canada today...

1643516043063.png
1643516129982.png
1643516218060.png
1643516295621.png

Attachments

• 1643515730231.png
    1643515730231.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I witnessed the making of history yesterday.

Being a country that never fought for it's freedom from the king nor queen, as America did, where we still call land not privately owned 'crown land', I am floating on air right now. It's a bit late, but better late than never. Our day has come!

The Freedom Convoy passed through my town yesterday. Thousands of us stood outside for hours freezing in -25 weather, to hold up heart cut outs and thank you signs, on a desolate highway area, where you had to trudge through deep snow on embankments to get up to the roadway. Thousands of transports, trucks and cars went through taking two or three hours to pass the city. Grandparents, children rolling in the snow, young people, families, retired couples, teenagers with their dogs, were all gathered and wheelchair bound seniors who could not make it up the embankments sat parked in the snow in their wheelchairs at the bottom waving their signs proudly. All full of love, all there to show support for these men who deliver so much of what Canada cannot provide for itself, who have been declared domestic terrorists. The unity was palpable.

When we couldn't take the cold anymore, all our feet were just frozen, we hopped in the car and drove along with the convoy until it made its way to the next town. The crowds were wild, passionate. The incredible symphony of horns saturated the air for 3 hours. My arms are aching today from holding them up in the air for so many hours. I've never seen anything like it in my life, and I've been to freedom rallies many times. This will probably not be represented accurately on any major media platform; as Ezra Levant said today in presently liberated Ottawa 'we are now the media'. The nation's 'leader' has officially gone into hiding.

Burned most in my mind is the picture of the little ones in the trucks, sitting in the back in a car seat, or on the moms' lap in the front seat waving to us. Most of the truckers are riding across the country with their families. And the wives of the truckers weeping, just weeping uncontrollably, as they drove past us as thousands of us screamed 'thank you' and 'we love you guys'! Walking away from that day, knowing how much they understood what they meant to all of us, the flag wavers stretching for kilometres and kilometres, the most incredible gathering I've every seen...it's about all I can do now to not bawl my eyes out.

🌹:hit❤️
Thank you for writing this; it is so moving. It has been 3-4 years since I've been in a forum where something like this was allowed to be said without censorship and banning.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you for writing this; it is so moving. It has been 3-4 years since I've been in a forum where something like this was allowed to be said without censorship and banning.

uh, the pandemic has not been going on that long...

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
In the spirit of utter joyousness, some pictures of the pepper transplants! Not the best pics as I'm having trouble getting photos from my camera onto the hard drive. But here they are, heavily pruned. I think they were planted around November 9th.

These are 'Casa Aquaria' - the seeds descended from an iguana perch and landed on earth. Someone had the strength to gather them nonetheless (not me!) and bring them to Canada. With all the other ornamental types I've grown these ones are very singular.
20220131_190441_resized.jpg

'Fish' pepper is staring to finally show some variegation. Takes a couple weeks. The newest teeny leaves are pure white!
20220131_190533_resized.jpg

Best photo I could take of the row of them, if I try to take them out and then photograph it's too dark. But the bushiness is starting to show after all the pinching I've done. Now I'm pinching flowers on many.
20220131_190620_resized.jpg

The superhots are a bit slower to both germinate and grow, but they are coming a long too. I planted them a bit later - when I got them in the mail.
20220131_190915_resized.jpg

More under lights...
20220131_190609_resized (1).jpg

Some purty flowers...
20220131_190759_resized.jpg
20220131_190748_resized.jpg

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
How do you care for your pepper plants indoors? They look so healthy.
I planted my wee transplants in houseplant potting soil this time, and it's helping the plants do a little better since it is more substantial than starter mix. But even more, I've been generously feeding with Muskie fish emulsion. That stuff works wonders for transplants. Makes the leaves really glossy and green.

Latest posts