A Suggestion of Frost

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It might rival the fires of the hot place here in Texas, but I can live with that. I still have the other 3 seasons that aren't too bad.

Kudos to the northern gardeners in your dedication to harvest in such a short season.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I watched an Outdoor Idaho show during yesterday's lunch. It wasn't new but I enjoyed seeing it again.

Something of what you are seeing in this thread is the realities of living at different elevations. I believe that one of the people in this video says that they are at 2,100 feet elevation. The location is a couple of degrees south of me but that's about the same elevation where I garden.

They are out picking their ripe tomatoes.

Salmon River Lodges (link)

:) Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We're at 2473 in the driveway directly in front of the house.
There's a site that can pinpoint your exact elevation at any point on your property. It's kind of fun to play around with.
My front garden is 2 feet lower than my back garden. Can't really tell visually.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It really takes it to fractions of a foot!

I wonder if it can find that "dead furrow" in the big garden extension ..? Dead furrow ... You know how they get those? It's like the guy on the tractor is trying to throw the soil out of the field. Only, he starts in the middle and it's taking decades. Easy to see out there and you can feel that you are walking down, then up. Shoot. That field is only 200' wide.

Hmmm. It does detect that the ground is higher along the fencelines ...

Ste

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Where my ranch is in Central Cal. standing on the paved road and looking East , it quite easily appears that the road goes down hill by several feet ( 10 ft. ) for a mile until it dead ends at an old cemetery . In reality rain water flows downhill from the cemetery Westward TOWARD my ranch . Optical illusion ! :ep

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, me with my limited computer skills is not able to check on the altitude. How are you able to check your front and back yards? Do you enter your address somewhere?

Help!
Mary

Latest posts