Amaryllis-stien the monster

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
can't say i've tried eating any amarylis bulbs... not sure i would since they seem to take so long to get big enough to flower... i don't even know if they are edible.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Way to go, Cane! I like it that your amaryllis has a name. I need to dig mine up and replant them some where else. They were poking up green leaves but the week long freeze we had that celebrated the New Year seriously debilitated them. Two inches of snow really hurt their feelings. It doesn't help that I put them in the wrong spot when we moved here, they get run over frequently. I am surprised that they haven't uprooted themselves, rolled over the front porch steps, lurking under the step to attack my ankles when I go outside.

@Nyboy I promise to treat the ones you send me much better than I have treated the ones I moved from our old house. they sat in a bucket in that stupid garden tub for 3 months before I dug a trench and dumped them in it....... I am going to build them a real bed, compost them with a delicious mixture of sheep, chicken and horse manures and top with well rotted wood chip mulch. The ones I have reward my negligence with blooms, they shall swoon with delight when I move them to a preferred luscious deep bed of animal droppings!

Amaryllis are hardy for my area Cane, they should be for yours too. Why not plant it outside in a sheltered spot against a wall or in a sunny spot. Lazarus might reward you with beautiful blooms!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay love the deep red color of this one
upload_2018-1-18_8-45-47.png

Latest posts