Amazing!!!!

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are the same way here, DW will call me at work after she goes out in the morning and checks on things. She tells about anything new happening in the garden or with the chickens and rabbits. Now my coworkers wait patiently while I am getting the report, so they can hear the update also LOL. I go out to the garden first thing when I get home before I even go in the house, Even if I have been gone all week. There is something always happening out there, and it is very interesting for some reason.

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm glad that all of you get as excited as me and I'm not some weirdo! LOL

We go outside SEVERAL times a day looking at everything. My husband interrupted dinner last night because he wanted us all to go outside and look at what he thought was the onions coming up! LOL It's just too bad that we have NO idea what an onion sprout looks like!! And since everything was tilled and then covered with SOME mulch there was still some grass and weeds in the beds... even tho we tried to get out as much as humanly possible.

So... yes... things have been exciting here at The Ivy Hill! Just a bit too exciting for me really... LOL It's so weird to wake up and the first thought in your mind be "I wonder what popped up over night!" :gig

i_am2bz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
If you're excited now, wait until you start seeing little baby 'maters, cukes, & beans! :D

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gardening is magical!! What a lovely thing to share with your children. Wait until you serve a meal, made only with things you have grown! Happy Gardening!
I planted bush beans last night, do you think it is too early to go look????

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:gig :gig

Never too early!! :D

I can't wait to pull some fresh fruits and veggies into out house and have a literally home made dinner!!

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
nachoqtpie said:
I'm glad that all of you get as excited as me and I'm not some weirdo! LOL

We go outside SEVERAL times a day looking at everything. My husband interrupted dinner last night because he wanted us all to go outside and look at what he thought was the onions coming up! LOL It's just too bad that we have NO idea what an onion sprout looks like!! And since everything was tilled and then covered with SOME mulch there was still some grass and weeds in the beds... even tho we tried to get out as much as humanly possible.

So... yes... things have been exciting here at The Ivy Hill! Just a bit too exciting for me really... LOL It's so weird to wake up and the first thought in your mind be "I wonder what popped up over night!" :gig
Sounds like "first love".... with gardening, truly that feeling has never gone away for me. I was married in my mid teens, started gardening right away(how I was brought up). I have gardened every since. That garden occupies a lot of my mind and thoughts daily. Oh, and I am still married to that same human "first love" and looking forward to our 49th anniversary in June. We now have the help of our children next door to keep gardening, or at least advise and watch their work in the garden!

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Aww!! Congrats! My husband and I just married 2.5 years ago. My 2nd, his first.

I am totally in love with my garden. Husband told me yesterday that I pay more attention to my gardening and cooking/baking than I do him sometimes. ;)

I've already decided on what type of fencing that I want around it, and how many more beds I want to put in, and where I want things moved, and what gate I want, and where I want to put the memorial plaques and everything!! LOL Of course... I know I'm still very new to gardening, so I know that things will probably change before we actually get to putting things in. I'm sure that placement will have a lot to do with things changing!! :-D

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Don't forget Nacho... I teach canning classes and we travel ;)

Latest posts