AMKuska's 2022 Garden

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
SOME gardeners have a chair. YOU have a hammock!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Garden looks great, btw.
Yes....the hammock. I bought that picturing a summer of relaxing in the hammock while the children play. I can't get into that thing without everyone piling in on top of me! It starts with a dog popping its head over the side and ends with 2 kids, 4 dogs, and me trying to escape from the bottom.

Here's a pic with the first addition making herself comfy:

Attachments

• hammock.JPG
    hammock.JPG
    559.4 KB · Views: 75

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Before DD's moved out I had the problem with making a meal with leftovers.
I would Ask if anybody wanted what I was going to cook up.
They would all say, "no, thanks."
When it was done, they ALL would say, "Smells great...what are you eating," inferring they wanted some.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
My gardening year is coming to a close. I'm excited about what I've learned and how things are progressing. Although the year started off with a disappointing cold weather season (lost all cold weather crops without any production) The summer stuff is very heavily laden.

I may have to pick the tomatoes and peppers to ripen indoors if we get a frost, but they've already broken coloration so they will ripen. Eventually.
pumpkin.JPG

Here's an extra pumpkin my vine decided to produce. A finished one is already inside waiting to become a pumpkin pie.
peppers.JPG

Peppers are looking good! I've forgotten what variety they are. Probably a scorpion of some kind.
tomatoes.JPG

Loads and loads of tomatoes. Might have to pick them green and ripen them inside.
corn.JPG

A dakota black popcorn from my daughter's garden. She took care of it entirely by herself this year. Not bad for 4.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
"A dakota black popcorn from my daughter's garden. She took care of it entirely by herself this year. Not bad for 4."
It reminds me of Mary Lennox (The Secret Garden), when she enters the garden and thinks the plants are being choked out, knowing instinctively what to do.
Actually I believe that ANYTHING that you task your child to do can give them great confidence, and is a worthwhile endeavor. 😍

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes....the hammock. I bought that picturing a summer of relaxing in the hammock while the children play. I can't get into that thing without everyone piling in on top of me! It starts with a dog popping its head over the side and ends with 2 kids, 4 dogs, and me trying to escape from the bottom.

Here's a pic with the first addition making herself comfy:
I can so relate! I bought a hammock for my birthday and as soon as I get in, both my kids want in too. #momlife 😂

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, yesterday ended my gardening season in a soul crushing way. I carefully saved all of my tomatoes for sauce. The seed packet promised it would have the most legendary flavor.

They were disgusting!!!

Pounds and pounds of tomatoes and they went into my composter because the flavor was abysmal. I'm so very disappointed. I had leftover seed from last year and planned to start them over the winter but I will NOT be doing that this year. I will be looking for a different variety that isn't disgusting.

I thought it was a little odd the bugs took one bite and left them so completely alone >_>

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
SO SORRY!!! Are you going to order a better tomato?
Lots of seed companies are doing specials right now.
WHAT WAS the tomato that tasted so bad?
I know that I never liked the taste of yellow plums, so I stopped growing them.
:hugs:hugs:hugs

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
San Marzano. It's supposed to have great taste and makes a wonderful paste tomato. I can see why it makes a nice sauce tomato because it did have thick meaty walls and few seeds, but these were just not good. I admit I cried a few tears when I saw how many were in my composter, but maybe they'll be good nutrition for next year.

Yes, I'm going to look through the catalogs today, but I felt good about my research on San Marzanos so now I'm apprehensive about choosing a new one. -.-

Latest posts