AMKuska's 2022 Garden

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welp, I went out there to do the soil test and the tomatoes have changed their mind about life. Lots of new growth and no longer yellow. I have no idea why, but I'll take it!!

Everything is growing well now!

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welp, I went out there to do the soil test and the tomatoes have changed their mind about life. Lots of new growth and no longer yellow. I have no idea why, but I'll take it!!

Everything is growing well
That's great news!
I feel that my kids and the plants like to keep me on my toes 😆

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Potted up the peppers in my greenhouse today. About half the plants have progressed into 4" to 8" tall plants, and half are still on their first two leaves and are obviously stunted. The biggest ones have clear mychorazae colonization on their roots. The ones that are tiny don't.

They all got the same treatment to colonize them. I'm not sure why some were successful and some were not. I treated all the stunted ones a second time to see if they'll copy the behavior of the big ones. If this is the key to growing healthy pepper plants I can fine-tune treatments to make it work.

Everything else seems to be trucking right along. We even have a much larger density of pollinators thanks to a pocket garden I installed this year to try and attract them.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mr. Natural.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Potted up the peppers in my greenhouse today. About half the plants have progressed into 4" to 8" tall plants, and half are still on their first two leaves and are obviously stunted. The biggest ones have clear mychorazae colonization on their roots. The ones that are tiny don't.

They all got the same treatment to colonize them. I'm not sure why some were successful and some were not. I treated all the stunted ones a second time to see if they'll copy the behavior of the big ones. If this is the key to growing healthy pepper plants I can fine-tune treatments to make it work.

Everything else seems to be trucking right along. We even have a much larger density of pollinators thanks to a pocket garden I installed this year to try and attract them.

so glad to hear you're seeing more pollinators as i recall in the past you were having troubles with the squashes not getting any fruits on them. :) hope this year is improvement and always glad to see you experimenting and being observant. :)

we're just seeing some flowers on the pepper plants here, they've not grown quickly as they take some time to get their roots established and the soil where we put them isn't the best. most years i put in some extra worm compost/worms to give the red peppers a boost, but this year i used everything i had for some other plants and hoped that the minor amendments i could scrounge up would do the trick. in a few more months i'll know how it worked out.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
so glad to hear you're seeing more pollinators as i recall in the past you were having troubles with the squashes not getting any fruits on them. :) hope this year is improvement and always glad to see you experimenting and being observant. :)

we're just seeing some flowers on the pepper plants here, they've not grown quickly as they take some time to get their roots established and the soil where we put them isn't the best. most years i put in some extra worm compost/worms to give the red peppers a boost, but this year i used everything i had for some other plants and hoped that the minor amendments i could scrounge up would do the trick. in a few more months i'll know how it worked out.
Let me know if it goes well for you! Mine haven't started flowering or anything yet. The biggest ones grew over an inch in a week though I swear.

3 of the 7 plants retreated with Mychorazae are springing into new growth. I suspect it's not the only factor in why they're stunted, but I'll have to get out the magnifying glass to compare the sets and try to figure out why the other 4 aren't.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Let me know if it goes well for you! Mine haven't started flowering or anything yet. The biggest ones grew over an inch in a week though I swear.

3 of the 7 plants retreated with Mychorazae are springing into new growth. I suspect it's not the only factor in why they're stunted, but I'll have to get out the magnifying glass to compare the sets and try to figure out why the other 4 aren't.

ours are flowering and some have small fruits on them. they've grown about 8 inches since i planted them out. they get full sun and watered every two or three days. we had a cold night down into the mid-40s last week and they didn't like that but otherwise they've come back. some good rains would probably help them out the most.

Latest posts