anyone else get their first catalog of the season?

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
BetterHensandGardens said:
In case anyone feels the need to sign up for a few new catalogs, I just posted links to my favorites here: http://www.betterhensandgardens.com/2011/11/30/free-garden-seed-catalogs/ They're all GMO-free, mostly open-pollinated seed supply places and the Baker Creek catalog is always beautiful. :clap
We signed up for a couple of these! I can't wait to get some! I think we may order the Bountiful Gardens Insect Mix in some containers around our garden this year. Last year, which was our first year, we REALLY had a hard time with the bugs! I figure it can't hurt and they're only $2.

We got the Stark Bros catalog already.. but I think that's about it. My husband has been watching like a hawk! Hes wanting to get some more trees and such. I guess we will see! LOL

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, it's not my first catalog of the season but I just got my Baker Creek catalog! I am so excited, I think I'll go read it in bed. ;)

I wasn't sure if I would get it since I never order seeds via the internet. I buy my Baker Creek seeds directly from the Petaluma store which is 45 min. away. It's a nice country drive and I usually stop at the feed store for my chicken feed, go to the Baker Creek store, and have a nice lunch.

Mary

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I got Seed Savers Exchange yesterday and am anxiously watching for my Baker Creek. I don't get it till later tho, due to being in zone OMGcold. Tomato Bob should be coming soon!

BetterHensandGardens

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
Well, it's not my first catalog of the season but I just got my Baker Creek catalog! I am so excited, I think I'll go read it in bed. ;)

I wasn't sure if I would get it since I never order seeds via the internet. I buy my Baker Creek seeds directly from the Petaluma store which is 45 min. away. It's a nice country drive and I usually stop at the feed store for my chicken feed, go to the Baker Creek store, and have a nice lunch.

Mary
Sounds like a great day!

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Baker Creek and Seed Savers Exchange came yesterday, and Park Seed before that. Gurney's was the first though, it came last week.

My "I want" list exceeds my garden space, not to mention time to take care of it all...

-Wendy

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
LOL!!!
We got our Urban Farm magazine the other day and it had a bunch of organic seed companies listed where you can request catalogs. Sam said "We need to order these!" and shows me, I said "We already have our garden all planned out. We don't have any more room!" he then says "But we have space for 4 more raised beds!" :lol:

NOW he's thinking like an urban farmer!!

Latest posts