Anyone Make Tea From Their Garden ?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's very hot here. I need to drink more.

I'm gonna get some lemon verbena and a leaf or 2 of anise hyssop for some tea!

The anise hyssop has been growing well despite it being too much in the shade. Maybe taking a few leaves will encourage it to bloom and set some seeds. I have been harvesting a little, anyway ;). Gotta get some more anise hyssop seeds for 2019.

Steve :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
So wish I had a pic of my mint plant. No clue what kind it is but it's beginning to flower and they almost look like lavender..... Any ideas? So for chamomile it's the flowers. For mint the leaves. Sassafras the roots.... I need to be journaling all this!

raspberry leaves

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Actually, the flowers of a lot of hibiscuses (hibiscii?) are used for tea, often as a sleep aid.

Actually, I have one growing, roselle, Hibiscus sabdariffa, the one used to make the drink sorrel. Though mine is an experiment (I got my hands on seed for a version that can be green as well as the more normal dark red, and am planning to find out this winter* if it makes a similar drink**.)

*Roselle doesn't flower here until very very late, too late to avoid the frost. But I planted it in a pot, so I can take it in, and I know how to pollinate hibiscuses from the time I raised kenaf.)

** though presumably not as healthy, as that red stuff is where all the antioxidents are.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't think raspberry leaves are of any special therapeutic value (could be wrong).

However, in a tea, they taste like ..

. raspberries!

:) Steve

Latest posts