At The Table

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Adding to your list?

It isn't on the original but I had Dragon Fruit recently. Whaaa? People eat that sour stuff - says Steve, sitting here with his bowl of Galia melon ;).

I just checked Wikipedia and Dragon Fruit is from the American continent. It is grown in the USA! Reading about it, the fruit sounds as though it is quite popular with people in far away places. Sounds like tomatoes - where Americans had to have Italian immigrants and others teach us the value.

(Reminds me, you tomato historians, did we ever find out if northern Native Americans grew tomatoes before the coming of Europeans? Is the Cherokee Purple something of a new thing?)

Durian cookies were re-sampled and I still don't know what some folks find objectionable. I haven't ever eaten the fresh fruit and the testimonials have me reluctant to go out of my way to try it.

Steve
Durian stinks :sick

I dread to think what those cookies taste like

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Kimchi is super! It always has a place in our freezer :D

When I have time, i will make some by myself, or purchase them from Korean shops. It can be used for so many different dishes.
I still haven't made mine. There's way to much coming up in my home to attempt making this up yet.
Im also longing too ferment cabbage, when this place becomes habitable, that's one of my favourite snacks :drool

I would like to find some kimchi recipes

Last edited:

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I still haven't made mine. There's way to much coming up in my home to attempt making this up yet.
Im also longing too ferment cabbage, when this place becomes habitable, that one of my favourite snacks :drool

I would like to find some kimchi recipes
This is my favorite recipe, and i like her other korean dishes very much, too

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is my favorite recipe, and i like her other korean dishes very much, too

I'm soooooo hungry all of a sudden :drool

Thank you very much for this wonderful clip. It looks so delicious my mouth is watering and am literally dribbling.

I don't think I can trust the fish paste but I could find an alternative.
Trust or not, if that lady put a dish of this in front of me it would be gone in nano
seconds

Last edited:

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm soooooo hungry all of a sudden :drool

Thank you very much for this wonderful clip. It looks so delicious my mouth is watering and am literally dribbling.

I don't think I can trust the fish paste but I could find an alternative.
Trust or not, if that lady put a dish of this in front of me it would be gone in nano
seconds
I also didn't have fish sauce at hand, but I have this kind of fermented mini shrimps, also very delicious. I plant to do some kimchi tomorrow (after we have this discussion, I went to buy some ingredients, haha), can't wait :D

1629570562708.png