Back to Eden Gardening

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Was visiting my uncle yesterday evening and telling him about my Rogue hoe...telling him how sharp it is and how I was going to find something for making a cover for it for when I transport it back and forth from my garden and my son's. Just so happens he had some material for making a covering for it!

He used to work for GE and had a roll of material they used for conveyor belts...don't know what it is, but it's tough as nails....took several, several slices with a utility knife to cut the stuff and get a piece off for me to use. Will see if my middle son, who fashions things from leather, will make me a cover for it out of it.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bee when I went to their website they have leather covers. When I place my order I am telling them how you should get at least a free cover.

Why thank you, NY! :gig Did you see the price of those covers???? :thMore than the hoe. That's why I'm going to make one or have my son make one for me.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have rolls of rubber conveyor belt from the plant my DH works at. I've been turning it over in my head how I might make a cover from that. It does take a lot of effort to cut through. If I can drill some holes along the edges, I think I could lace two pieces together. For now, I have been storing the hoe in a bucket in the corner. The kids have been admonished not to touch my new toy.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, since you all are raving about that fancy hoe that I can't get cause I don't have weeds, I'm changing the topic back to Back to Eden gardening, :p.

I can't believe how beautiful and decomposed that horse manure is that I got. I am soooo happy! :weeeIt looks like compost! All it cost me was a dozen eggs, a couple of zucchinis, some green beans, and a tomatoe. All of which I had extra.

Today, I found some wood chips locally and I think I picked up enough to cover all my garden. There was tons left. I felt like I didn't even leave a dent. Poor woman is going to have to find others to take it. Sadly, not many know how valuable they are. I just want to dance. :weee

Mary

Latest posts