Back to Eden Gardening

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Working on the garden fencing today, trying to get the extension fence secured with deer netting and rabbit wire to keep out the chickens. With it being so rainy and hot right now, there's no sense in trying to plant any kind of food here until the rains taper off, so the spuds won't be going in.....maybe a little cover crop only. Hence the need to fence out chickens....they'd scratch up and gobble up the seeds as soon as I broadcast them.

Switched out tarps on the hoop coop....supposed to get up to 82* today, which generally means 87*, which would have made that coop, with its clear winter tarp, like a green house. Sure does speed up composting in there but also makes for a steamy, steamy hotbed right beneath the roosts.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't believe how hot it is there. We are still using the woodstove and bundling up outdoors.

pretty cool here at nights still (mid 30s), we're not past the late frost date yet for a while. i told Mom that by her putting the snow shovels in the shed she was tempting fate. we can still see some of that yet too along with the frosts. this week looks ok though for no frost. i'm wondering if i can sneak some early peas in the ground sometime the next few weeks.

Latest posts