Baymule’s 2020 Garden

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I see dark soil on the roots! You didn’t wash the dirt off of the roots? What kind of bugs is poor Ringo eating and placing in his system? Oh, the horror......
He only ate the tops. The chickens got the roots and soil to scratch through. The chickens also got grass, the roots were an added bonus. LOL

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got another bed of beets planted. I ought to have a lot of beets! LOL The little granddaughters came over and we planted 8 hills of zucchini.

I pulled more grass out of the long tomato trellis. I weeded one side of where I plant the long green beans.
It started sprinkling just as we finished planting the zucchini. Perfect timing.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
BJ dug up the short tomato trellis today. We have a 4 pronged tool you step on and twist to loosen up the soil. It sure beats a shovel . We laid out paper Feed sacks and covered them with wood chip mulch. It is ready to plant now.

E47861F5-675E-4885-9A0F-DF6D47E8D534.jpeg

I finished weeding the long tomato trellis. I weeded beets and mustard greens. I put up hay string for the English peas to run on.

Tomorrow we plan on rolling out the weed cloth.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We rolled out the weed cloth and weighted it down with bricks. It is a 36'x50' patch, big enough for me to see if I'm going to like the weed cloth. I weeded the broccoli and started on weeding the garlic. Yesterday time was take up with the Direct TV repair man, our TV connection died Thursday night. I went to AT&T website, it was terrible. It sent me in circles and I got nowhere. Finally I was able to get hold of a real live person on the phone, who was very helpful and set an appointment for the service tech.

I had two big stumps in the path of the chicken tractor that I am raising Cornish Cross in. A neighbor came over to cut them out, DH dug around them and they are now gone!

I planted Blue Hubbard squash in the cardboard, wood chip mulched area and started on watermelon, but it started raining. Raining now, no gardening today.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad DirectTV fixed your reception. For what they charge, they should. We switched to Direct and they have yet to get my bill correct..... tired of talking to their people.

Keep us in loop on weed cloth. I’ve used plastic around house but weeds always find a way. They are determined.

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Your garden is looking good! I've got most of mine planted. I need to start a garden thread, but having trouble transferring pics from my phone to the laptop.

Latest posts