Baymule’s 2020 Garden

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your garden is looking good! I've got most of mine planted. I need to start a garden thread, but having trouble transferring pics from my phone to the laptop.
I post directly from my phone. It leaves a lot to be desired, but I at least get the pictures posted. Sometimes I have to get on the laptop to edit my post.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Early Sunday morning we got 2 1/2" of rain, then it cleared off and we had a beautiful day for Easter. Then Sunday evening, we had storms, lots of wind, tornadoes that marched across the South doing a lot of damage, something like 20 people killed. :(
We had power, but the houses directly behind us did not, all the way to Mineola, 9 miles away. Just in our electric co-op, there were almost 15,000 homes with no power. Power finally came back on at noon yesterday. I took coffee and grilled cheese and ham sandwiches to Robert and Sharon, our friends and neighbors, for their breakfast.

Frost in the morning! Going to finish planting the watermelon seeds and I got a packet of Amish melons, like a cantaloupe, that i'm going to plant too. I may get the green bean garden planted, those looooong green beans that my husband loves so much.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I didn’t get anything done Tuesday, we got our little granddaughters and had them yesterday. Today I got tomatoes set out. Don’t have a count yet, but t planted the 16’ double trellis and the 32’ trellis. Also set out 9 eggplant, the long kind that look like black bananas.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I didn’t get anything done Tuesday, we got our little granddaughters and had them yesterday. Today I got tomatoes set out. Don’t have a count yet, but t planted the 16’ double trellis and the 32’ trellis. Also set out 9 eggplant, the long kind that look like black bananas.
Yes you did. Made memories.

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Are these the grandbabies ya'll moved to be close to? If so, man that sucks!

They're moving to my part of the state. I was born in Lubbock. It's nothing but flat dust storms out there.

Xerocles

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
@baymule. This isn't about YOUR garden, but a question about mine....that you pointed out to me. Rabbit manure tea.
3 questions actually.
1. How to tell when it's "used up" i.e. used all the liquid....refill-how many times- or just start over each time?
2. When to apply to seedlings? As soon as they pop surface, or at first true leaves?
3. How long after transplanting to resume letting them "have a cup of tea"
This directed to baymule because she's the one who suggested it....but any input from anyone is welcome.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
@baymule. This isn't about YOUR garden, but a question about mine....that you pointed out to me. Rabbit manure tea.
3 questions actually.
1. How to tell when it's "used up" i.e. used all the liquid....refill-how many times- or just start over each time?
2. When to apply to seedlings? As soon as they pop surface, or at first true leaves?
3. How long after transplanting to resume letting them "have a cup of tea"
This directed to baymule because she's the one who suggested it....but any input from anyone is welcome.
Your little critters do their bunny best, but each one of my three horses produces 40 pounds/manure/day. They spend 1/2 day in their stalls, and that's 60 pounds/manure/day for...tea, anyone?!?!? :lol:
It's the same process.

Latest posts