Baymule’s 2020 Garden

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
The strip of mustard is going to seed. Peas are planted on both sides. By the time the peas get big enough, the mustard will be done and I can gather the seed , then pull it up. It feels good to have this patch weeded, weeded, weeded, weeded some more, weeded and finally planted!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
The strip of mustard is going to seed. Peas are planted on both sides. By the time the peas get big enough, the mustard will be done and I can gather the seed , then pull it up. It feels good to have this patch weeded, weeded, weeded, weeded some more, weeded and finally planted!
I do know that feeling. You did well.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just finished canning spiced pickled beets, with some small onions tossed in for good measure. With the 7 pints I did a week ago, I have 23 pints. And a big mess to clean up, LOL

View attachment 35771

Bay, those are gorgeous!!!! Wish I liked beets so I could grow them and can them up and have those pretty jars in my pantry.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
you can do that with carrots too! some of the carrot varieties are purple. :)

Can't grow carrots here, no matter how I try. I can grow tops all day long, but the clay prevents root development. I even tried growing them in a raised bed with loose compost and they made all tops, no bottoms. But, besides that, I don't like cooked carrots...just raw ones. :D

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got up early this morning and hit the garden at 6:45. I stopped at 12 to make grilled cheese sandwiches for me, BJ and neighbor Robert. Somehow the wiring harness rubbed against the frame of the tractor and cooked them. Husband freaked out, bless his heart, he fixes things with duct tape and this was a little beyond duct tape. So Robert came to the rescue. I continued on in my garden, letting them do the guy stuff. I did solder wires together, but that was my only contribution.

I dug crab grass out of one side of the Kentucky Wonder beans. It took all morning.

B0786199-9BFD-44B4-A630-FD157BD1F620.jpeg

Then I planted yellow patty pan squash down the middle. I planted Best of All Wax beans between the zucchini. I planted Black Cattle beans next to the short tomato trellis. I set the sprinkler and I’m done.

9DB61994-FA3B-4C58-975C-9650E2D08ECB.jpeg

Latest posts