Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
In a hard rain, water runs through the sheep lot. In fact, water runs through the whole field. Some drains into the pond. I walked the field in the rain, there just wasn’t a high spot except for the pond ram. Great. They didn’t have a dry spot to stand in.

I asked Peggy and Bennet if he could use his front end loader to trench in front of their pens and dump the dirt in front of the fence to divert the water. They came over this evening and he did just that. There is a mound of dirt 18” tall, it ought to stop, divert or slow down the drainage.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
In a hard rain, water runs through the sheep lot. In fact, water runs through the whole field. Some drains into the pond. I walked the field in the rain, there just wasn’t a high spot except for the pond ram. Great. They didn’t have a dry spot to stand in.

I asked Peggy and Bennet if he could use his front end loader to trench in front of their pens and dump the dirt in front of the fence to divert the water. They came over this evening and he did just that. There is a mound of dirt 18” tall, it ought to stop, divert or slow down the drainage.
Nice neighbors!

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

I'm so pleased you have helpful neighbours . 😀

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
They just create super worms, resistant to everything. I talked to the breeder last night, her vet has an equine clinic. Obviously doesn’t know Jack-squat about sheep. The breeder is administering all 3 classes of wormers at once. This also knocks out their gut bacteria. I’m a fan of the “Less is More” club. She is convinced she is doing the right thing because a freaking HORSE vet told her so.
For the LONGEST time, and even in the 1980's when my original horse Vet told me about the miracle drug, Ivermectin, even HE suggested rotating drugs. I have even just been deworming my 3 easy keepers a LOT less often, so that when I rotate the antiparisitic drugs will work.
Same thing with kids, always prescribing Amoxicillin until it no longer works.
Prayers sent for your little sheepies!! 🙏🙏🙏

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
On the way home from Tennessee with Cooper. Ridgetop and her husband decided I shouldn’t go by myself, so they hitched up my trailer and we went. Had a good time visiting and started home today. Stopped for fuel and I offered Cooper the ram an animal cracker.

3B105776-1711-4C92-B390-00BFAB9DB40B.jpeg

Spending the night in Conway Arkansas after stopping to visit with another BYH member. We’ll head for Texas in the morning.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
On the way home from Tennessee with Cooper. Ridgetop and her husband decided I shouldn’t go by myself, so they hitched up my trailer and we went. Had a good time visiting and started home today. Stopped for fuel and I offered Cooper the ram an animal cracker.

View attachment 51900

Spending the night in Conway Arkansas after stopping to visit with another BYH member. We’ll head for Texas in the morning.
So glad you had someone to travel with.