Baymule’s Farm

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have one room that looks halfway nice-granddaughters room. LOL

Papaw’s desk where they loved to draw and color with him, my Mom’s swivel rocker, her round rug. The twin full bunk beds are put together, and a bookcase. They can unpack their books and put them in the bookcase. They can put their art supplies in Papaw’s desk, he would love that. And the horse head trim.

View attachment 51716

View attachment 51717View attachment 51718
The room looks awesome, the girls will love it.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sheep activity going on today. I have to take a young ewe to the vet today. She is not eating but just a little, losing weight. I’ve done everything I know to do. She just has no appetite.

Lucy is due today. Looks like she’s right on time. Sheep are still bedded down, they are not early risers. Lucy is up, down, up, down. She always has twins and I kept her daughter from last lambing.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
The ewe is a registered 5 month old Katahdin I bought a month ago. From day 1 she didn’t have much of an appetite. After a week, I wormed her. I’ve done everything I know to do, watching her get worse. The vet ran a fecal test, she had an off the charts heavy worm load. I have 2 wormers to give her for 5 days, Levamisole and Valbazen, one in the morning, 1 in the evening. I have her in a small pen in the yard with Carson, my Labrador/Great Dane cross. In 2 weeks I’ll take a fecal sample to the vet for testing. I just want to see the poor little girl EAT. The sellers are using 3 different wormers, all at same time. They don’t use fecal samples, it seems few breeders do. I learned to do my own fecal exams, counting worm eggs under a microscope. I lost it when I moved from Lindale and just found it a week ago when I moved here. I’ll run my girls through the chute, and get fecal samples before I go for knee replacement surgery. Haha, have to get my working equipment from sons house and set it up here.

Lucy is big, it will be twins again. I can’t wait! But I’ll have to…….

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Interesting that breeders just assume they have all kinds and just treat.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Interesting that breeders just assume they have all kinds and just treat.
They just create super worms, resistant to everything. I talked to the breeder last night, her vet has an equine clinic. Obviously doesn’t know Jack-squat about sheep. The breeder is administering all 3 classes of wormers at once. This also knocks out their gut bacteria. I’m a fan of the “Less is More” club. She is convinced she is doing the right thing because a freaking HORSE vet told her so.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lucy proudly presents her ram lamb, born last night. His name is Uno.

9E1AFC21-D19B-46FA-B838-986D90309207.jpeg

Meeting the flock.

CDAF6ADB-E0B2-4A80-9514-DFB2933FCB50.jpeg

I opened the gate and let the flock out to graze. Lucy was upset, Baa-baaing at the flock and pacing around. I watched out the windows to see what she would do. She finally chose the safety of the night pen and laid down with Uno nestled up against her.

Lucy normally twins, and I’ve watched her give birth. She has both quickly, licks them, as they stagger to their feet and nurse. I’m pretty sure she is done and there won’t be twins. Conditions were not optimal at son’s house, may not get many twins this time. We’ll see how it goes.

Last edited:

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Lucy proudly presents her ram lamb, born last night. His name is Ono.

View attachment 51799

Meeting the flock.

View attachment 51800

I opened the gate and let the flock out to graze. Lucy was upset, Baa-baaing at the flock and pacing around. I watched out the windows to see what she would do. She finally chose the safety of the night pen and laid down with Ono nestled up against her.

Lucy normally twins, and I’ve watched her give birth. She has both quickly, licks them, as they stagger to their feet and nurse. I’m pretty sure she is done and there won’t be twins. Conditions were not optimal at son’s house, may not get many twins this time. We’ll see how it goes.
Ono is precious!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lucy proudly presents her ram lamb, born last night. His name is Ono.

View attachment 51799

Meeting the flock.

View attachment 51800

I opened the gate and let the flock out to graze. Lucy was upset, Baa-baaing at the flock and pacing around. I watched out the windows to see what she would do. She finally chose the safety of the night pen and laid down with Ono nestled up against her.

So you were wrong? And admitted it? Wow!:plbb:plbb:lol::frow