Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carson alerted on something a few minutes ago. Hackles up, tail and ears up, growling, standing on the porch. I followed his gaze and there in the front field was a coyote! It trotted across the field, couldn’t go through the sheep wire at the driveway, so must’ve gone through the front fence, through all the overgrown brush on the front fence row. Carson let out a few warning barks. I went out on the porch and gave him lots of praise. And THAT is why my Livestock Guard Dogs are so important to me. Carson is half Labrador and half Great Dane, he’s no LGD breed, but he thinks he is. Shhhhh……. We won’t tell him!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carson alerted on something a few minutes ago. Hackles up, tail and ears up, growling, standing on the porch. I followed his gaze and there in the front field was a coyote! It trotted across the field, couldn’t go through the sheep wire at the driveway, so must’ve gone through the front fence, through all the overgrown brush on the front fence row. Carson let out a few warning barks. I went out on the porch and gave him lots of praise. And THAT is why my Livestock Guard Dogs are so important to me. Carson is half Labrador and half Great Dane, he’s no LGD breed, but he thinks he is. Shhhhh……. We won’t tell him!

it is strange to see coyotes here in the middle of the day. i've never seen them on our property but do hear them calling some evenings. they run in the woods along the river not far from here and i have seen them running through fields during the day a few times when i've been driving, but they are usually running like mad (not trotting).

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
She was surprised to learn that teachers teach several subjects and multiple grades. It’s just how it’s done in a small school.
We had some problems with school district lines when I was in elementary school. It's why I had to walk or ride my bicycle so far to catch a school bus. Mom would drive me there when the weather was bad. She reported that the bus stop was 9/10th of a mile on the odometer from our farm house.

Not a very big deal but I went to 2 different schools in the 5th grade. Started off the year in a classroom with both 5th and 6th grade kids. It wasn't so bad ... but, I can hardly imagine the 1st thru 8th, one-room school that my mother went to! Living near a 1st-6th elementary school now, I sure see a difference in the behavior of kids when they show up on the playground. Those littlest of school kids don't walk anywhere! It's a constant run from all directions in that playground :). Twelve year olds play basketball or "hang-out" with their buddies. How on Earth can teachers keep the 6 year-olds in control while trying to motivate the 12 year-olds???

Steve,
who once sat at school desks that had inkwells, okay, no quills to dip in them :D

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
15 year old got a lot of interviews . I watched a few of them. Now she has to sort them all out, edit and condense it to 7 minutes. On teacher described how some students rode their horses to a football game and lined up along the fence to watch the game and how that would never happen in Lufkin, only 25 miles away. LOL

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We had some problems with school district lines when I was in elementary school. It's why I had to walk or ride my bicycle so far to catch a school bus. Mom would drive me there when the weather was bad. She reported that the bus stop was 9/10th of a mile on the odometer from our farm house.

Not a very big deal but I went to 2 different schools in the 5th grade. Started off the year in a classroom with both 5th and 6th grade kids. It wasn't so bad ... but, I can hardly imagine the 1st thru 8th, one-room school that my mother went to! Living near a 1st-6th elementary school now, I sure see a difference in the behavior of kids when they show up on the playground. Those littlest of school kids don't walk anywhere! It's a constant run from all directions in that playground :). Twelve year olds play basketball or "hang-out" with their buddies. How on Earth can teachers keep the 6 year-olds in control while trying to motivate the 12 year-olds???

Steve,
who once sat at school desks that had inkwells, okay, no quills to dip in them :D
My kids go to a small school that has multigrade classrooms. I teach in the pre k/k, my son is in 1st-4th grade room and my daughter is in 5th-8th grade room. I am amazed at how the teachers get so much done. I also love that the older kids play with the younger ones during recess.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I left this morning for PT and Sentry cried. I felt like a rat. He was so anxious and upset, he cried. I told him I’d be back, but dogs deal with the here and now, so he cried to see me leaving him and I was a rat.

I went home, went in the gate and gave both Sentry and Sheba lots of attention, then brought Sentry in for he and I to have a late breakfast. Carson was outside on the porch, crying. I’m a rat again. I went out and gave him lots of attention, but the bottom line is he was outside and Sentry was inside. Mommy’s a rat.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I left this morning for PT and Sentry cried. I felt like a rat. He was so anxious and upset, he cried. I told him I’d be back, but dogs deal with the here and now, so he cried to see me leaving him and I was a rat.

I went home, went in the gate and gave both Sentry and Sheba lots of attention, then brought Sentry in for he and I to have a late breakfast. Carson was outside on the porch, crying. I’m a rat again. I went out and gave him lots of attention, but the bottom line is he was outside and Sentry was inside. Mommy’s a rat.
At least you realize “you are a rat”.

Latest posts