Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I have resumed my farm duties. I’m walking outside without the walker now. I just go slow and careful. I’ve been feeding the dogs for almost 2 weeks and have fed sheep a few times. Chris has been a God send, words cannot express my gratitude, but I can do this now.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
You have inspired me to work harder on my rehab. My knees were cracking yesterday morning, and I thought I would just use the kitchen counter as a barre and do some slower and amended petit battement, 25 reps each leg. I got a little bit violent, but the cracking stopped and I walked better.
Just like YOU, I have babying my knees.
Now I think I'm ready to start hard working my legs and use my stairs--14 steps between floors--to strengthen.
THIS is what happens when you share!! :D

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My grandmother had a Singer treadle machine. My sister and I both sewed on it as little girls. My sister had the machine when hurricane Harvey put 7 feet of water in her house and the machine was a casualty. I have my mothers old Singer, it is electric, only goes forward, no reverse to lock those stitches in place. It is in it's original cabinet. I haven't sewed in many years, but still feel a kinship to that old machine. I have newer ones, I'll have to decide what stays and what goes, but Mom's old Singer will stay.

That's a good reason to build out my She-Shed. I still have my commercial machine from when I did upholstery.
I also have an old Singer sewing machine. Mine will do backstitch and I love it. It was a gift from my mother when I was 20! I have sewed a million things with it since then and it is still going strong! I love that machine. My daughter is borrowing it right now to sew herself a dress.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You have inspired me to work harder on my rehab. My knees were cracking yesterday morning, and I thought I would just use the kitchen counter as a barre and do some slower and amended petit battement, 25 reps each leg. I got a little bit violent, but the cracking stopped and I walked better.
Now I think I'm ready to start hard working my legs and use my stairs--14 steps between floors--to strengthen.
Please expand further on these exercises. I could really do with some direction on my flabby legs and knees

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
doing some kind of standing warm up routine will gradually strengthen your legs as you are doing it.

this is a moderate example, but towards the end she is doing some pretty deep knee bends that i would not do at first but gradually work towards.

within a few months you should notice a difference. :)

after a year of doing a full Tai Chi practice with moderate depth of bending of the knees i had legs that were very strong. this was about 2 hours a week of class practice and 2 hrs a day i was practicing outside of class.

i should also say that the time i spent practicing was not the time i spent doing warm ups. :) they were quite different things.

you can search youtube for chi kung, also called Qigong warm ups. all good and will give you added leg strength and more balance.

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Awesome! Keep up the good work!

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
doing some kind of standing warm up routine will gradually strengthen your legs as you are doing it.

this is a moderate example, but towards the end she is doing some pretty deep knee bends that i would not do at first but gradually work towards.

within a few months you should notice a difference. :)

after a year of doing a full Tai Chi practice with moderate depth of bending of the knees i had legs that were very strong. this was about 2 hours a week of class practice and 2 hrs a day i was practicing outside of class.

i should also say that the time i spent practicing was not the time i spent doing warm ups. :) they were quite different things.

you can search youtube for chi kung, also called Qigong warm ups. all good and will give you added leg strength and more balance.
Let's hope I get my backside into gear soon. I've been lax lately and even stopped doing my spine exercises

Latest posts