Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, how did you decide that was the farm for you? Is the soil better than your last place? It does look greener so maybe it's not as sandy?

How does it compare to your last place?

Mary
It’s 25 acres, almost all of it is pasture. It has good grass, only right now we are in drought, but there is still some green grass. The soil is a mix of sand and clay, a loam. It’s a dead end road, quiet and real private. I have good neighbors too!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got one roll of wire clipped to the T-posts. Won’t get the other roll done today, it’s already hot and I have to take my stock trailer to Lufkin for 4 new tires.

DAD3E860-D54D-4DFF-80EA-4E185089DB8C.jpeg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got the other roll of wire clipped to the T-posts this morning. Then went inside to do more prep work. A couple of friends came over around 2 PM and he did the finish work on the taping and floating work. I knew what it should look like, but just couldn’t get it there. In 3 hours, it was done. Finished. It was like watching an artist in motion. He was fast, smooth, efficient and it was pure artwork. He worked with his uncles, starting at 8 years old, doing sheetrock.

We went to a Mexican restaurant in Groveton and I bought their supper. I got home at 7:30, fed sheep and dogs. Came inside and noticed it was hot. 85F and the brand new AC wasn’t running. Called AC guy, he would have come out immediately, but I told him come in the morning, 7AM. I can survive the night.

Hot, tired, filthy, coated in sheetrock dust from sanding the walls, I took a shower. I feel better, just hot. Having a glass of wine, soon I won’t care. LOL

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It’s 85F in here, AC guy just texted, he’s on his way. Tile guy will be here at 8:30 to do backsplash at sons house. This will be like a day off for me. No fencing, no climbing the ladder. Gotta go get hay and feed and fill up truck. Need to hitch up trailer for trip to Weatherford, 4 hours away, to pick up 2 registered ewes. I’ll leave out early in the morning.

Latest posts