Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I painted yesterday! I skipped the touch up, forgot to bring brushes. I rolled out paint and did the fun stuff first. I guess today I’ll do the boring tedious cutting in and texture in corners where a roller wouldn’t go.

I painted the kitchen, dining and living room in sage green. No trim yet, I can do that this winter. I’ll trim with 1x6, top and floor, in shiny white enamel with batten strips.
B31287AC-4989-4219-9E8D-90B7137CA6D9.jpeg

I painted the hallway and son’s / guest room a cream color.

7EDA2774-9D96-4A86-B8BF-94DB519F1354.jpeg

The little granddaughters room, youngest will be 6 in couple of weeks, middle is 7. They love purple. I don’t. But Mamaw does crazy stuff, supposed to be lavender, but looks real purple to me!

EA74634C-A8C4-49C2-A264-E1DD4923D196.jpeg

My room is light blue, still need to paint bathroom.

57D495AF-1C33-457C-9F3B-E0609A58F115.jpeg

I can start moving stuff in. Not worried about trim now, I can cut and paint it outside. I’m concentrating on the big messy stuff and I’m knocking it out. Going back this morning to texture corners where needed and paint where corners look ok. Paint my bathroom too. I’m getting there!

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I painted yesterday! I skipped the touch up, forgot to bring brushes. I rolled out paint and did the fun stuff first. I guess today I’ll do the boring tedious cutting in and texture in corners where a roller wouldn’t go.

I painted the kitchen, dining and living room in sage green. No trim yet, I can do that this winter. I’ll trim with 1x6, top and floor, in shiny white enamel with batten strips.
View attachment 51263

I painted the hallway and son’s / guest room a cream color.

View attachment 51265

The little granddaughters room, youngest will be 6 in couple of weeks, middle is 7. They love purple. I don’t. But Mamaw does crazy stuff, supposed to be lavender, but looks real purple to me!

View attachment 51266

My room is light blue, still need to paint bathroom.

View attachment 51264

I can start moving stuff in. Not worried about trim now, I can cut and paint it outside. I’m concentrating on the big messy stuff and I’m knocking it out. Going back this morning to texture corners where needed and paint where corners look ok. Paint my bathroom too. I’m getting there!
Oooo I am loving that sage green color! I love bright colors so your house looks so joyful to me! I painted my dining room purple but it was supposed to be a very light lavender. Disnt come out that way lol.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not sure what is going on with mixing paints. We sent to Ace a beige color to match. We got a beige/peach color back. Took it back, they tried again, still had the pink peach over tone. Took it back again, explained my wife HATES pink, so fix it. 4th time they finally got peach out of it. Dang computer eye just wasn’t working. Told them needed to clean it or replace it. Now to match this color, they have to add about 2X more color to duplicate-otherwise, they will never match it.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i love bright primary colors too. my room at the old house (when i finally could have a room of my own) i painted a bright royal blue. it was too much for some people but i thought it was very calming and peaceful. my sister painted it black and then when she left Mom went over it with a light peach (not a color i enjoy at all). the really funny thing is that my sister when she had the black walls done in her room she painted a tiger on the wall and one night she woke up and it scared the crap out of her and she screamed. that was it for the tiger...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I worked outside this morning. A huge dead tree was cut down close to where I’m going to put my sheep pens. I picked up 3 mule loads of pieces of branches and took to the burn pile. Then I went anns stapled wire over some openings that dogs and sheep could get through

. I packed mud in corners , painted a second coat of green, purple and painted corners . Got blue corners to paint and I’ll call it a day. Taking an ice water break and put my feet in another chair. Giving the knee a rest.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am not a fan of pink either. Little granddaughters love pink and purple, purple was the lesser of 2 tacky colors. LOL

Didn’t do much yesterday, Chris came over and made me some pieces for the mini sheep barns I’m going to build. I can’t cut angles, so I’ll use these pieces as a pattern. Then I went inside and painted the small utility room. It’s dark when I go in, so I painted it bright white.

I was tired and exhausted from working outside until noon Saturday and Sunday, so I quit for the day at 10:00 and went to Lufkin to my favorite hang out, Home Depot. I got more blow paint to finish out my room/ bathroom, and a bucket of shiny white enamel to paint doors. Went to feed store, got home, unloaded feed, went inside at 1:00.

I sat down in recliner and slept until 5 PM. I didn’t set alarm this morning and slept until 6 AM. Still tired, but will go paint today. Trying to get done so I can take up plastic, clean mess and start moving stuff in.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
This big handsome bull was up by the driveway fence when I got to the farm this morning.

EA64B3E6-3372-4D40-8E17-3F3549553FF6.jpeg

I painted doors and door jams with white high gloss enamel today. Then I peeled off blue tape and put covers on light switches and wall outlets. It needs a second coat.
I put a second coat on the utility room.

Latest posts