Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just messed up. What else is new? :lol:
I made pumpkin pie! I had no Thanksgiving, no Thanksgiving dinner or deserts. I came in from therapy and made pumpkin pie. At the 15 minute mark where you turn the heat down, it dawned on me that maybe I didn’t put the sugar in it. Got a spoon, got a little bit. Interesting. No sugar. Not terrible, but not that great. So I coated the top with sugar, then some more with brown sugar. Just took them out of the oven. Sugar is all melty, will have to wait for it to cool. I have 2 cans of Redi-Whip. By golly, I’m gonna have some PIE. :sick

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’ve made worse. The sugar melted and must have permeated the pie enough to make it edible. Plus a generous amount of Redi-Whip’ I’m going back for seconds.
13F493A1-3D2F-4AE4-99C9-D042B0843A13.jpeg

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I just messed up. What else is new? :lol:
I made pumpkin pie! I had no Thanksgiving, no Thanksgiving dinner or deserts. I came in from therapy and made pumpkin pie. At the 15 minute mark where you turn the heat down, it dawned on me that maybe I didn’t put the sugar in it. Got a spoon, got a little bit. Interesting. No sugar. Not terrible, but not that great. So I coated the top with sugar, then some more with brown sugar. Just took them out of the oven. Sugar is all melty, will have to wait for it to cool. I have 2 cans of Redi-Whip. By golly, I’m gonna have some PIE. :sick
My daughter loves pumpkin pie, but can't eat gluten. So she makes the filling and eats it by itself! I would too because I am also a pumpkin pie fan! Thankfully I don't have a gluten allergy! I love putting coconut whipped cream on top! 😋

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, if you don’t like my idea, don’t do it.
1). I can’t see a fence so I assume it’s somewhere in that mess? If there is a fence, start spraying CrossBow (there are generics that are $10/gallon cheaper & just as good). It will kill all growing bushes and vines but leave grass untouched-contact killer. Buy concentrate-NEVER BUY READY TO USE.
2). Once dead, remove dead vines and bushes, destroy however you please. Once you see vines coming back, respray. Once cleaned' 1/year will keep it clean.
3). Trees, either talk to guy who sells firewood or leave alone once all limbs that can be reached are taken off-on you side. That way if tree falls weight will pull it toward neighbor since it’s his tree.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Will crossbow kill vegetation when it’s dormant, now?
Does it kill mature trees? There are some I’d like to keep, how far away from “keepers” should I stay?

Yes there is an old barbed wire fence in that mess.

Spray the base? Leaves? Leaves are falling now. I was told to wait until spring, in March, to spray.

Thanks @seedcorn

Latest posts