Baymule’s Farm

farmerjan

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Interesting... but no links to what to do to try to influence good or bad bacteria....
I think that's because this is very preliminary in humans. In dogs, they completely sterilized the dogs digestive tract and put a sample of a slim or passive dog's gut bacteria in the tract to reestablish it. Those dogs then became slim or less aggressive, depending on the bacteria. They've done it in mice and rats as well.

Humans have less research, and they more or less did the same thing. To find out how to specifically encourage those bacteria, they'll have to do control groups and try feeding people different prebiotics/probiotics to see if it works.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I woke up with sore muscles from dragging those pallets around.
I don’t have the energy level and stamina I had before knee replacement surgery. I wear out sooner and it takes me longer to recover. I’m told it will take a full year for me to fully recover from surgery and I’m almost 3 months in, it’s gonna be a long year……..
Everything takes time to heal
I dropped 5 kilos on my foot damaging the bones and big toe I think in January, it still hurts today and the bruising and swelling took months to go down...So your operation is going to take a heck of a lot longer to heal, maybe even a year of two.

My friend had the same opp and is much better after 2 years

Please be careful 🙏 ❤

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tomorrow will be a high of 76F. Happy New Year! We got over 2” of rain night before last and now I have mud. Last week it was frozen. Now it’s slush.
It’s New Year’s Eve and I’m staying home, off the roads. Law officers will be out on patrol tonight to catch the drunk drivers. Get ‘em off the road!

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Tomorrow will be a high of 76F. Happy New Year! We got over 2” of rain night before last and now I have mud. Last week it was frozen. Now it’s slush.
It’s New Year’s Eve and I’m staying home, off the roads. Law officers will be out on patrol tonight to catch the drunk drivers. Get ‘em off the road!
Happy New Year Bay :hugs

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Still have crud my 15 year old granddaughter gave me at Christmas. Coughing and blowing nose, the OTC stuff just ain’t getting it gone. I think it’s doctor time.

90% rain today, supposed to start in 30 minutes, about when it gets light enough to go feed and do chores. Of course.

Goal this week is to get working equipment set up so I can start taking fecal samples, trimming feet and all that fun stuff. Got to buy some hog panels and a cow panel to build the chutes and put up the gates. Going to put up the sorting gate and use hog panels to make a temporary holding pen. Got to get young ewes worked and put with Cooper. Knee replacement surgery kinda interfered with getting that done, but I had to stop long enough to get that done.

Going to rain today and tomorrow, sunshine for 3 days, then 3 more days of rain. The sheep lot will be soup, manure soup. Sloppy mud mess. At least it won’t be freezing.

Got 2 heavy bred ewes, Ewenique, a 9 year old, the last of my original 4 that we bought. She is BIG! And Frimplepants, Ewenique’s granddaughter, she also is about to pop. They are at the point of becoming Jamaica Sheep. As in Ja’ Make-uh-me-CRAZY!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remember the sloppy mud mess.

For some reason, our house etc. was on the corral side of the barn. Open the gate beside the water tank, slog through to feed the critters or move the cows through for milking. Head back to the gate and the mess would pull a rubber boot off one foot!

Hop off to grab a hold on the gate and look back - so pleased that you didn't fall. Then, the thought, as you stand there on one foot. "How am I gonna get back there to get that boot without putting my foot down?" Always managed to do it :). Youth!

Bay', remember to treat yourself to the very best diet while you struggle with this infection.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
before putting in fence and other hardscape items would it make more sense to get some dirt brought in or the area built up for better drainage? i sure would not want to be always working in mud.

Latest posts